Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which car to bring back from Australia

Options
  • 06-07-2024 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭

I'm planning heading out to Australia like every 2nd young person in the country and have been thinking on which car to bring back when I return home. My understanding is buy a car at least 6 months from returning home with proof of ownership and residence in australia for that period and cannot sell for at least 1 year on return. Getting a shipping container or going roll on roll off (bit riskier with parts getting stolen).

Something which will hold it's value (over an 18 month - 2 year period) would be high on the priority list in case I need to sell it on down the line for a deposit ect.

Very tempted by the new 79 series lancruiser with the 2.8l engine, would certainly have rarity value over here but would likely never sell it on if I had one…

Landcruiser Prado find a nice spec end of current line, big saving bringing passenger jeep in compared to commercial/pick-up given vrt savings. Could likely trade in for a commericial new j250 series 2 years down the line with not too much out of pocket.

New j250 landcruiser seems to be a tight supply rolling out in most countries anecdotally.

Full landcruiser (amazon) out of price range and a bit of an ignorant yoke for Ireland.

Yaris gr (2021/22 reg) seems a nice fun car to have and definitely big saving on ireland but probably still depreciate like a stone if I ever sell on.

Not completely dead set on toyota's either, just what I've come up with so far! Even golf gti's are decent value relative to ireland.

Comments

Advertisement