Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot/Cold Electric shower

Options
  • 06-07-2024 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

hi all!

Probably need a plumber but just wondering in case I can do something myself.
    semi detached house. 3 bathrooms. I’ve an electric shower in the main bathroom and en suite. For the last 2 days both electric showers are cold. The only way to get it hot it to put it up to the highest red bar which is then scalding hot. It doesn’t matter whether it’s on low medium or hot. 2 different brands of showers. Ones a triton only fitted last year and ones a mira.
    im clueless but im thinking its water pressure incoming into the units as they’re both affected. I did think the water in the cold kitchen tap was a little low but never had this problem before and we’re here 8/9 years.

Must go ask neighbours if they’ve an issue cos it could be affecting them too.

Thanks!!!

Post edited by daisydotty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Are the pumped electric or mains fed showers?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭daisydotty

ah thanks for replying.
    I’m 99% sure they’re mains fed. One is a triton t80z and the other is a mira zest (older style). @Sleeper12

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭con747

Probably best to tag posters because some won't have email notifications set up and might not see your reply until back on boards. @Sleeper12 I hope you don't mind me tagging you with shower issues people have, if so PM me to get a grip!

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

They are both mains fed. Because both started acting up at the same time it would suggest to me that it's a water pressure problem. Possibly a leak on the road in your estate.

You can ring Irish water and they will send someone out, free of charge, to test the water pressure outside your home. This could help Irish water to identify a leak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭John.G

Turn the temperature control on the Triton to fully cold and measure the flowrate by holding a container under the shower head for exactly 30 secs, measure this with a 1 litre containee, multiply by 2 to give the flowrate in LPM, The flowrate normally is around 7 to 8 LPM and ~ 5.5LPM minimum.

Also, since it does look like a pressure supply issue, you should still be able to get a reasonable shower if you turn the power selector switch to one element heating until you sort out the problem.

Post edited by John.G on

Advertisement