Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handyman needed to hang a door and a few other jobs around the house and garden

Options
  • 07-07-2024 8:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where the most reliable place is to get a handyman in Swords area to hang a double door on an arch between a kitchen and a living room for a relative?

I was there when they had 2 guys out to quote. One said €2000 and im not sure he knows what a door is. He wanted to take out the window on the other side of the room to get the door in. Dont think he realized its just a standard double door between a living room and a kitchen with the hole in the wall already there. Another I wasnt convinced he even knew what a screwdriver was.

So looking for a reliable place to get a handyman do do the job for a reasonable price.

Something like in the picture but with clear glass.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

That's a job for a good carpenter, not a handyman.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,709 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Agreed on you needing a carpenter. And for $£&#'s sake don't call him a handyman.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

A good handyman might be able to do it because they have good carpentry skills, but it's those carpentry skills you are looking for not handyman skills.

I do my own handyman work like putting up shelves but wouldn't attempt that. It's very precise to make sure they lock together properly, a few mm out and you're in trouble.

You're probably looking at carpenter plus an apprentice/helper too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

PM me for a number!

Advertisement