Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kona 64 kWh UK Import

Options
  • 07-07-2024 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi there,

I am interested in a 2nd hand Kona ev. I see a UK import on Done deal for 19,950.

2022 and low mileage.

Seems a very good deal.

Wondering why so cheap.

Private seller.

Any feedback on this.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

Firstly I have no experience and little knowledge on the Kona but something looks fishy there.

If a UK import why is the speedo and odometer in km?

I also thought that the 64kWh battery only came with the more powerful 200hp motor. This looks like the smaller battery model.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 wildhoney

Thanks for that.

I won't be going for it. Any other recommendations of 2nd hand EV.

I do 150 km daily round trip on motorway driving.

Low mileage with big battery and space.

Thanks.

Depends on so many things, your daily round trip would be covered in almost all newer EVs and also many older ones. You mention space (Would probably rule out the last model Kona). Do you need a hatch back, or SUV shape? Child seats etc? Do you have or will you be able to get Home charging?

I am a little biased, but reckon a Tesla Model 3 is the best value out there at the moment in terms of driving, efficiency and standard equipment. Long trips are more simple and economical with Tesla Supercharging. Two year old lower mileage made in China cars with the latest LFP battery technology are now available for under 30k. But it is not a hatchback and a little low for some people.

Drive many and you will soon get an idea yourself which suits

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

The ioniq 38 will do that journey fine. If your willing to go North for it, you should be able to pick up a 2022 one for €18k or so. (Make sure to research about the vrt/vat situation, as some can be free). As far as I know it's bigger than the Kona, and it's very efficient on the motorway

@eagerv at least on my ioniq 38 I was able to change a setting on the infotainment system that changed all values to KM (including Speedo and odometer)

• Advertisement

Ioniq 38 is a good choice alright if suitable for OP. Another recommendation would be the Ioniq 5 with the 58kWh battery, has buckets of space.😊.

Oh thank you all for those recommendations.

I am thinking going with a dealer or private. I will start looking on Done deal.

I will be getting finance hopefully as well to pay for it. But definitely 2nd I think as read about new cars losing so much after a year.

I wouldn't rule out new either. Some manufacturers such as BYD and MG are now offering good deals on new cars with long warranties. What is unknown at the moment is how tariffs will effect pricing going forward.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

You originally looked at a Kona 64 import, why not an Irish used, a 2019 would easily cover that range in the worst of weather and do so for many years to come

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
Advertisement