Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company didn't pay for sick leave

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Will Graham

Damn man, where's your pride?

It's a public sector company. I only ever intended to be there 5 years max.

Yes, I do have an idea of the cost, but that's beside the point.

Also, it's the withholding of pay that's the issue… not seeing the CMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Well if seeing the CMO is not an issue (which will enable the sick pay), what is the problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭thebiglad

So,is cost of consultation and letter less than your lost wages, also presuming you are not recovering those legal costs anyhow!

I guess this is a matter of principle, principles cost and put new BMWs on Solicitor's driveways

Best of luck whatever you decide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭daheff

do you have a union? might be time to make use of the union dues if you are a member.

if not, document everything. including the visit to the person who has lost your cert & the email with the payroll person.

double check with the policies also (take copies and date stamp them as they tend to change after the fact to cover past events).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I cannot believe that any company would be doing this based on the information provided.

Their must be more to this story than what has been said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭MakersMark

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

First of all, why is everyone saying CMO, is it not Occupational Health? CMO to me is chief medical officer, does it stand for something else?

Also there has to be something missing here such as previous sick days or a relation of headaches to the role (or an accusation that the role itself caused or was additive to the headache). No company would send you to Occ Health for 2.5 days for a headache that is not persistent, hasn't returned and hasn't affected performance since.

They would be on a hiding to nothing for doing it as it could be looked at as the start of constructive dismissal if it wasn't necessary and was unnecessarily inconvenient.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

CALM DOWN. Do not send a solicitors letter over 2 days sick.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

So they had me attend a disciplinary meeting a few weeks back, and now they want another member of management to hold another such meeting for a second opinion on the matter, and therefore have requested a follow up meeting. The woman who is supposed to conduct the meeting has no qualifications for the main company skill set, and only got the job because of who her father was. Seems like harassment to me. I’d rather slit my wrists than go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement