Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information on Episode of “Ceim ar Aghaidh” from 1968

Options
  • 07-07-2024 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey all - this is a wild shot for some help.

I would love to be able to access information (video, photos or other) on an episode of “Ceim ar Aghaidh” which was aired around 1968. This message is to seek your help in finding it.

My mother’s 80th birthday is later this year and I just found out that she was on the show around that time. It would be a wonderful surprise for her if we were able to relive this memory.

I found a reference to the show here:

!!!https://stillslibrary.rte.ie/indexplus/image/2053/078.html (sorry for the format but I cannot yet add links)

The episode that she participated in was hosted by “Liam Devally” and she was introduced to the quiz by “Mary Finan”. If you have any information that might help please let me know, including pointers to archive areas or people that may be useful to follow-up on. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S. I know this is a longshot but thought I would ask just in case. I have contacted RTE Archive's (archives@rte.ie) but am pretty sure that my best chance is finding an enthusiast.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 danieltanner

Had a quick response from RTE Archives to say they were unable to help.

Thank you for your email and sharing your mother's story with us. 
    Sadly there are no listed recordings of 'Céim ar Aghaidh' in our records. As this was a studio based programme a recording was either never made or not kept.The cost of videotape at the time and the general idea that television was ephemeral meant that tapes were often reused by recording over them.    
    Sorry we cannot be of more help on this occasion.
    RegardsRTÉ Archives

Advertisement