Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for BTEA

Options
  • 07-07-2024 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hey, I have accepted a place at university in September, and will be applying for BTEA as soon as I complete registration and get my resignation letter for the BTEA application, but I was reading what's needed to apply and it says

• Be recommended for BTEA by a DSP Employment Personal Advisor or Job Coach (if you are a jobseeker making a new BTEA claim)

So will i need to make an appointment with my jobseeker Employment Personal Adviser? or how does it work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,948 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Unless you are on another social welfare payment that isn’t jobseekers. I don’t think you will qualify for BTEA. You can’t leave a job to go to university full time I don’t think unless you are on a different qualifying payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Cloudbee

jobseekers is a qualifying payment for btea, I am on jobseekers and I meet all the requirements. My question was about how it says "Be recommended for BTEA by a DSP Employment Personal Advisor or Job Coach (if you are a jobseeker making a new BTEA claim)"

deleted

Post edited by Cloudbee on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Ask for an appointment with an employment advisor

okay thank you

• Advertisement

deleted

Post edited by Cloudbee on

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭StormForce13

Q. 32 has a yes or no answer. You have already told us what the answer is.

Q. 33 has also got a yes or no answer. You have already told us what the answer is.

If you are struggling to answer such simple questions on an application form, I can't help wondering how you're going to get on at third level!

Advertisement