Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good Furniture Shops in Dublin, Cork and South East

• 07-07-2024 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi,

I was just wondering could anyone recommend good furniture shops in Dublin, Cork or the South East, specifically looking for Couches, Kitchen tables and outdoor garden furniture?

Also, if you know if any of them will have sales coming up too?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sirbidders

if in cork ez living outlet in Blackpool is always worth a look. Can be very hit and miss so need patience. Really depends on budget etc. factor in delivery cost too.

Lakewood furniture can have some great deals too out in fota retail park

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I've been doing the rounds of some of them in Cork lately:

The Furniture Centre in Blackpool is good, I found them to be nice, family-run. They have a large selection of sofas with a massive selection of fabrics and colours. A lot of the stuff is made in Navan so delivery times aren't too bad (but there was a mixup for me and I ended up waiting over 10 weeks for a sofa from Navan which was due to have a lead time of 3-4 weeks). They have some nice Italian leather pieces too. They were running their summer sale when I was there, probably still are.

Casey's in the city has some excellent stuff but to be honest I only visit when there's a sale. I bought a wardrobe from there in the summer sale and the quality is a step above, it was a bargain (display model). You'll have it for live. Delivery was free once you join their email list/loyalty club.

EZ Living - I visited their stores in Little Island and Mahon Point. There was a saleswoman in their Mahon Point store and she was excellent. She knew her stuff and was very helpful. She even knocked a few quid off and delivery was free. However I did find with EZ Living a lot of their bedroom furniture was out of stock and some not due back in until September or October. Apparently, they have switched suppliers and are having some issues with factories.

I echo what @sirbidders says about EZLiving in Blackrock. When I was there they had some really nice couches and coffee tables. Definitely worth a visit.

There's a furniture place tucked in behind the Tesla place there across from Fota Retail park, Lakewood Furniture. I bought a nice solid oak chest of drawers from them. Again, the saleswoman was nice and they had immediate availability. Delivery was extra because they use a local courier and I felt it was a bit expensive, but anyway if I had my own van it wouldn't be an issue. She also knocked 40 euro off without my asking.

Stay well away from Harvey Norman, honestly they know how to charge!

Heading a bit west, House of McGregor in Lissarda. I bought beds and mattresses and kitchen table & chairs from them. They were really helpful and their prices were very competitive. I bought a lovely mattress from them for half the price of what Harvey Norman was charging, it's not the same brand but I'm loving it and sleeping well on it. They did free delivery and were flexible with delivery. I could put them off for a few weeks if I wasn't ready to receive the goods.

Regarding outdoor furniture, I wasn't really in the market but that garden centre at Fota Retail park (used to be Ballyseedy), now Bakestone or something, they had some nice outdoor stuff…expensive but all outdoor furniture seems to be pricey..I don't get it.

I hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭JVince

Finline - they have a showroom in Douglas and their factory is in Emo Co. Laois. Some decent offer on ex display https://www.finlinefurniture.ie/finline-offers-3/

They are not cheap, but they are superb. (suite bought over 20 years ago and still in fab condition)

sale on in ez living atm! Some nice stuff in next by the looks of it but cannot attest to the quality of the items

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,621 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Keep an eye on Rathwood for garden furniture, they regularly have sales and have one now.

https://www.rathwood.com/

Furniture wise I'd avoid the likes of Harvey Norman and EZLiving, they're very overpriced for the quality of their stuff. Finline is excellent as mentioned above, and the retail park in Navan is worth a trip as they have lots of furniture shops in one place.

Always double check measurements and make sure all items will fit through your door, if you have double doors at the back for access make sure items can be carried through side gates etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Onaragatip

Thanks again everybody, does anyone know anywhere in Dublin city or county we could look for furniture, specifically couches, dinner tables, mattresses and kitchen appliances?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭anewme

The quality of the Rathwood stuff is “just ok” for the price.

I’ve been looking for a corner couch set for a while and it’s difficult to find anything comfortable.

orchard garden centre is scary money but hard to get decent quality

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭WicklowTiger

Agree on Finline, super furniture. They have a showroom in Dublin as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 675 ✭✭✭SVI40

I bought all my furniture in Ez Living in Airside Business Park. Cannot recommend them enough. Had an issue with a leather couch after 2 years, and the customer service was excellent. Sent a photograph of the issue, leather was fading in one area, and within a few hours they confirmed it was totally covered and to go choose a replacement couch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement