Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brush cutter recommendation

Options
  • 08-07-2024 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for a recommendation for a brush cutter. Currently have a procut one that I got in Woodies a few years back, but that's reached the end of its life now and I want to replace it with something better. It had plenty of cutting power (it's 48cc I think) but weighed a lot and kept burning out the ignition coil because it was probably not designed for the amount of work I was putting it through. I have a sizeable plot of ground that's been completely overtaken by bracken so every summer it's a constant battle to strim it back.

So basically need something of similar power, petrol powered because battery would run out, (I'd often get through 3 tanks in a run), but a bit more lightweight and that can take heavy work.

Advertisement