Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghost estates around Kerry.

• 08-07-2024 3:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Working on a small bit of a project with some friends. Essentially just trying to locate a few Ghost estates in Kerry, preferably in the Kenmare general area.

If anyone knows any and the approximate location, it'd be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭eusap

There is quite a large one on the castlemaine - Inch road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Yes the legendary Annagh Banks just outside Cadtlemaine.

The original price was €200,000 a unit, in 2013 the whole place,call 14 units sold for just over that.

A few years ago it was slated for social housing, but nothing became of that.

Google it, there is lots about it out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Ah nice one, I'll suggest that to them. I think the aim was more to be around Kenmare/West Cork but that could be a good choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭eusap

also try google https://www.google.com/search?q=ghost+estates+kerry&oq=ghost+estates+kerry&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOTIGCAEQRRg8MgYIAhBFGD0yBggDEEUYPdIBCDQyOTZqMGo3qAIAsAIA&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,318 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

There is kind of one in Sneem, just outside the village on the way to Kemare.

It's better than it was but may still have some unfinished stuff at the back.

But Annagh Banks is the real thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

That's the one that was originally called Coolfadda and is now called Ard An Oir. It changed hands a number of times over the years. There was a big issue with flooding and waste water run off there for years until who else but the Healy Rae's went in a few months ago and did a proper job on it.

Most of those houses are sold now with people living in them, the estate is finished immaculately with a big childrens playground.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Radio5

There were 18 ghost estates in Kerry in 2021 according to this but no locations given.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2023/0125/1351805-ghost-estates-celtic-tiger/

Advertisement