Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Admin required] Ban in the 'Cable & MMDS & IPTV' Forum

Options
  • 08-07-2024 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Hoping you can take a look at this for me. I was banned by @icdg from the forum for 48 hours, and I'm looking to get that overturned. I have contacted icdg via PM, and they are upholding their decision.

The dispute centers around this post by @babelfish1990 (and the following posts).

Icdg is responding to babelfish, but all in bold (using the mod 'voice'). It's not apparent that this is a mod action - there is no mention of any rule broken/possible sanction etc. Bablefish responds challenging icdg's post, and icdg seems to accept their point. There is no threat of a warning or ban to babelfish.

I then post, asking why icdg's post was all in bold, when it's not moderation but only their own opinion/discussion. I get an instant 48 hour ban, without any previous warnings or bans.

I have appealed to icdg via PM, contesting that the ban is not warranted. They are upholding the ban. I am happy to send on the PM's to whomever reviews the case.

Thanks.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

@MiCr0 If you could please review.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Micr0 hasn't been too active recently, I've PM'd him, but if he doesn't respond in a few hours, this'll have to go to the admins instead.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement