Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions on converting shed into an office

Options
  • 08-07-2024 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi there,

I am planning to convert a concrete shed at the back of our house into an office, but want to make sure I'm on the right track. The shed is built with cavity blocks, has a double glazed window fitted (need to get a patio door installed) and also damp course. My plan is:

• Line the walls with a damp proof membrane (looking at one which is 1200GA)
    • Fit the walls and ceiling with insulated plasterboard (looking at one with a thermal liner, 2400 x 1200 x 50mm working out around 50euro a sheet)
    • Lay a silver foil floor underlay to prevent any moisture

Is any of this a bit over-kill? Also should I be using wall studs so the insulation board is slightly off from the wall?

Anything else I'm missing out that I should be considering here? I've added a few photos of the space below:

Comments

Advertisement