Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noise cancelling headphones

Options
  • 08-07-2024 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭

anyone have any recommendations or positive feedback on noise cancelling over the ear headphones that would be suitable for the gym and work well on a plane? Price between €150 and €250 .. thanks

Im currently using these anything better would be a step up im sure

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HA-S36WA-Bluetooth-Headphones-Lightweight-Over/dp/B0BQLFVKP2/ref=asc_df_B0BQLFVKP2/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=697302033778&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15882640759013730952&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=20492&hvtargid=pla-1968756998148&psc=1&mcid=cc53e6db202f3a7c9b685633064a84b2&gad_source=1

I was introduced to these today but I'm in two minds whether to part with that much money 💰

https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/headphones/all-headphones/noise-cancelling-headphones/sony-wh-1000xm4-over-ear-wireless-noise-cancelling-headphones-black.html

Seen mixed reviews on them aswell.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I have them and love them. Supposed to be better than the Mx5 model as well. Surprised to see they're still that expensive though, given the model is a few years old at this point. Though I guess competing newer models like Bose QuietComfort are around the 350 euro mark.

I see most of the negative reviews are around doing Teams calls and the like and I'd agree with that, they've been quite flaky when I used them for Microsoft Teams. I have a pair of Logitech headphones that are much better for that particular purpose. But for your girlfriend's use case of listening to music, they're great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭SteM

https://en.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/creative-zen-hybrid-pro

I'm happy with these. I use them on zoom calls and the ANC works well on planes as the luas imo. Never used them in the gym though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,316 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

ynI've used several Anker/Soundcore headphones over the years and generally found the ANC to be very good

Overall they're a good balance of price, noise cancelling, sound quality and battery life

You can often get a discount code on their website which undercuts Amazon. Of course I'm always suspicious about the €130 headphones which seems to always be on sale at €90, pretty sure they're just €90 headphones

I've never properly compared the noise cancelling to the likes of Bose or Sony, but I'd say it's good enough for most uses

I've used them in noisy environments (busy pub with a crap band playing) and they blocked the vast majority of background noise. They're also able to allow nearby voices through which is handy if trying to have a conversation in a noisy place

I'm not an audiophile, but the sound quality is fine for me. Very often the quality from Spotify is a bit dubious anyway so it isn't like you're missing a lot

I have found the latest ones I got are a bit loose on my head and more likely to slip off. I'm pretty sure I've an average sized head and I saw a few reviews with similar complaints

If I was doing a transatlantic flight once a month I might shell out for the top end ones, but for anything short of that I'd be happy with my Anker headphones

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 25,311 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

https://www.sony.ie/electronics/headband-headphones/wh-xb910n

Bought these about a year ago. You can get them way cheaper than the above link I’m just using that for example and convenience...

I haven’t worn them in a plane but they are very suitable for the gym. I especially like how they just don’t move and stay in one place when you exercise. Noise cancelling is excellent and the overall sound quality too…

• Advertisement
Advertisement