Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving onto next stage...

Options
  • 09-07-2024 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Just looking for peoples advice on approaching moving onto the next stage with a lad.

Bit of background, we're both in our mid to late 20's, have a good bit in common and have been chatting on snapchat for a long time (just under a year) but have only met up 3 times (once in May, June and July) despite talking for several months. (On all 3 occasions we went for drinks and on one occasion he invited me back to his to stay the night)

We're both not out, I'm still living with the parents in Dublin and he's renting in Dublin with other lads but goes back home to the countryside most weekends. So it's awkward enough trying to meet.

I'd like to meet more regularly but I'm getting the feeling he doesn't (or its me over reading things) and it seems to be me who's always suggesting to meet up, I dont want to look desperate but I now know I like him enough to want to meet more, but I don't want to put too much pressure on him given he heads back home most weekends / for the summer.

Should I just leave things be for now and give him time to maybe feel more comfortable or push him to meet more / see if he really likes me? I still don't know if he sees us as friends / friends with benefits or in a relationship? In fact I'm not 100% sure what he is looking for, I think initially we were both going with the flow.

I am looking to buy a house in Dublin myself, but that's more likely to take months if not closer to a year so not really any short term of a fix. I'm at the stage where I'd like to meet more often but I'm not sure how to approach it with him for fear of pushing him away.

Appreciate peoples thoughts here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

I would wait to hear back from him at this stage. He doesn't seem that pushed about meeting up or communicating in general. In the meantime explore other opportunities and if you don't hear from him again be grateful for the experience and move on. Plenty of fish and all that.

Advertisement