Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know the owner of Sportsman.ie

• 09-07-2024 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey folks, hoping someone knows the owner of Sportsman.ie in Finglas. Looks like he is permanently closed, he had my .22 up for sale and i'd like to get in touch to get it back.

Any advice appreciated, please PM me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭garrettod

PM sent.

Hope it helps.

Robert seemed a decent guy. I'm sure he'll help you, where he can.

Thanks,

G.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Robert.
    Yeah I heard he was closed alright. I bought a few bits from him over the last year or so and always seemed like he was selling off what he had left before closing.

Hope you get a contact for him. I live nearby if you need me to drop a note or something in the mailbox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭garrettod

A sad end to another firearms dealer...

We continue to lose shops, unfortunitely....

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Justwin

Thanks Gumbo, offer appreciate. A few folks PM'd me and I think I may have a lead on where it landed. Appreciate all the help folks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭delboythedub

I sent him a text and ill let you know what happens

• Advertisement

Quick update, confirmed the gun is with another dealer (thanks to a tip here), it was already sold by Robert, and is awaiting pickup. Unfortunately the dealer says he doesn't have Roberts details so not sure how I get paid. Also, I got onto my firearms officer to report it and he hasnt been able to come back with details either. All numbers I have for Robert are dead. He seemed like an honest bloke so assume he will sort me out if I can find him. If anyone knows him can they let him know i'd like to get in touch, PM me for my number if needed.

Thanks again to all the folks who have tried to help out. Much appreciated.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I’ll ask my contacts if they have any number for him. Have you left a note on the shop door in case he returns back every now and again?

Advertisement