Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Genealogy News retires

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭cobham

Sad to hear this news. But hope to see her about in the Irish genealogy community and be able to benefit from her wisdom.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Oh that's such a shame.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

I'm sad to hear this but obviously she has made a decision which is right for her. She has been invaluable to the genealogy community, is there anyone who can replace her blog………anyone here?????

It would be a tough act to follow - I know I wouldn't be up to the task myself.

But we should definitely try to post any relevant news we encounter to the forum to keep each other appraised of all that's going on in the world of genealogy.

I don't know whether we should create a separate news thread similar to the 'Offers' thread or maybe we could smarten up the 'Off topic' thread with a witty title and use that for all news, offers, humour, and any other business that's not worthy of it's own thread.

It might end up a bit cluttered or maybe having a single busy thread for 'any other business' could be a good thing.

Any thoughts? All suggestions welcome.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭VirginiaB

After my own email, Claire Santry's blog is the first thing I click on every day. I was so surprised to see this news this morning. I thank her for her significant contribution to Irish genealogy over the years. Her blog has been extremely helpful and she will be much missed. Sending her all my very best wishes.

Hermy, your idea is excellent but would like to call such a thread just 'News' and keep it to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭cobham

deleted

Post edited by cobham on

Hermy, your idea is excellent but would like to call such a thread just 'News' and keep it to that.

I think you're right Virginia to have a dedicated news thread and keep the humour and off topic discussions separate. Though I'd go one further and call it Genealogy News.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

That is a good idea: new dedicated thread. But let's just keep it to links and a brief summary and try to avoid lots of discussion.

I think newbies are often put off when they see a giant long thread of dozens of pages of comments.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Jellybaby_1

• Advertisement
Advertisement