Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bus Connects Waterford Network Redesign

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭JohnC.

There will still be auld wans in shops skipping queues because they "have to catch the bus" even when it's every 15 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Is it just new and more frequent routes planned, or are they talking about putting in more bus lanes and CPO-ing front gardens like they're planning in Dublin?

I'd be a bit surprised not to see a route linking the Dunmore Road to the Cork Road directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Yeah agree with Hardybuck above, all looks good, but a bus running the outer ring road from the hospital to Carriganore/Industrial Estate/SETU and back again would be ideal.

All the current routes run in and out of the city centre, having a route from the hospital to the west of the City would open up so much more flexibility as they'd cross nearly all the other routes at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭scrabtom

I agree, would encourage ye to make submissions to that effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Bards

Having the Hospital and SETU as other hubs/crossover routes would make more sense as both are heavily trafficked rather than having to go to clock tower to change routes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Made the submission last night, outlining my point about a WUH Ardkeen to IDA/Whitfield/SETU route and the potential overlaps with other routes, rather than everything having to go in and out of the city centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭scrabtom

Great, I did the same. It's hard to see buses not getting jammed in the bottleneck on Lombard Street/the Quay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭ExoPolitic

Screams traffic jams along the quay with what appears to be a bus every couple of minutes, with the end of the line on some routes on the main road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

Should make more use of the ring road.

Advertisement