Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why aren't areas like Beaumont and Walkinstown more popular.

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,434 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

You would want to be saying what the "prejudice" is. Not wanting to live in a bad neighbourhood isn't a preconceived notion with out experience nor fact

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Housing has become more expensive, cheaper, more expensive, cheaper, more expensive etc in recent decades. There is a cycle. It is not a linear curve. Well off people could always buy houses. Poor people could never buy houses. Nothing new there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,587 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Home owners ship in Ireland has nearly always hoovered around 70% going to to 80% in 2004, it is dropping but not by an enormous amount.

Dublin is not Ireland.

I know someone who died recently who became wealthy later in life through hard work, they grew up very poor barely enough to eat, and barely got by right in to their 30s. They purchased a house by the skin of their teeth.

Instead of enjoying the wealth in the middle to an older age. They cried about growing up in poverty and kept saying how come I have money now when I don't need it, they alienated some of their family because they couldn't enjoy anything and never enjoyed their money.

A very sad way to end their life.

Post edited by mariaalice on

Advertisement