Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Thread 2024/25 - Teamtalk/Transfers/Gossip Mod Note in OP 26.09.24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Clever pressing but they could have dropped off like they have been. Seen the opportunity and went for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

what are we playing up top now?
    Amad, Rashford, Zirkzee off - only Garnacho and Hojlund as attackers?

Hmmmm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,988 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Another ball into the box to nobody. Frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 408 ✭✭Caustic

Ha ha best thing I've seen all night, lovely footwork by Martinez

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Started with Zirkzee, Amad, Rashford and Bruno as attackers

Now have Hojlund, Garnacho, Mount and Bruno.

• Advertisement

Was thinking the same. He can be beautiful on the ball. Still absolutely wound up though 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

They are playing through us far too easily. Pretty poor performance all around.

Uh huh.

A forward two wingers and an attacking midfielder.

to (while needing a goal) 1 forward, one winger and two attacking midfielders.

Whats the balance? The plan? The shape? Feels like its just 'players on the pitch and hope'.

If this ends a draw, its a bad result heading into Spurs, Porto (away) and Villla. EtH needs something positive in the bank.

Playing some better stuff now, garnacho strikes a ball very well

• Advertisement

Ten hagg needs to learn to take Bruno off, pointless having him out right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Surprise surprise Bruno has been dreadful since getting the huge payrise from Ineos

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Mount, Bruno, Ugarte etc all playing it around the right and ONLY garnacho and hojlund in the box for a cross.

Painful

Ffs just go in the net

Bruno better not shoot from here.

But tough positon to create from.

Aside from the goal, our best shots have come from the Twente players.

That is just pathetically stupid.

And yet another terrible result for EtH.

Yet another poor performance under him.

Yet another eurpean embarassment.

But yeah, I should have considered we'd turned a corner after beating Barnsley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

well that was dogshit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

What a load of shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

Ten Hag's poor European record at United continues. You would have to worry about where the goals are going to come from with this team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Please, please, please stay postive out there folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,418 ✭✭✭secman

Poor fare , just as well we're not in Top tier Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

The Dutch league is poor and fc Twente are an average side in that league...that's an awful result for United....I can't see Our manager lasting this side of Christmas...we are miles off it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

The usual united.

Clueless up front

Mistakes leading to goals

Bruno being awful again.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Terence Rattigan

Rubbish. Bruno needs dropping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Still going in the right direction?

We're going to finish mid table in two leagues this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭Acosta

Not bringing in a solid striker will cost them a lot this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

no good crosses, no pull backs, no one-two's. just slow and ponderous in attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

I’d be happy enough to never see Bruno out on the right again. Hasn’t the pace to go by anyone so just stand a yard off him and don’t offer him any space to give a dangerous ball. Even in his best position he’s in a poor vein of form lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭ngunners

He needs to be dropped for a few games. Foden hasn't started a league game for City after being POTY last season. Ten Hag needs to take a leaf out of Pep's book and start players on form rather than reputation. Won't happen though.

That wasn't a corner we turned, it's a circle we're on, stuck in a loop.

ETH has completely lost me now.

It's mismanagement after mismanagement.

He's appearing far more clueless than Ole ever did for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭crushproof

FC Twente having a great time with their fans having secured a draw.

Just goes to show how utterly lackluster we are that mid tier Dutch teams can come along and get a draw. And didn't even have to play with intensity. Utterly rubbish yet again.

Interestingly I noticed Casemiro and Ruud having a lot of discussion behind ETH as the game went on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

Just reading that Toni Kroos has confirmed Moyes claim that he had agreed to join United in 2014.

Is there a parallel universe where Toni Kroos turned into Donny Van de Beek?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

Bruno needs his games managed a lot better, he plays far too many minutes and when he drops off, the entire team drop off.

Again lack of finishing is costing the team badly, far too muddled in attack, very rarely does someone play a killer ball.

Pity for Eriksen as he's had some very good performances lately, including the goal today, to then make that mistake and concede. Very frustrating one tonight.

Should've had Palace and Twente both buried at half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

not signing a proper striker during the summer was a big mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hopefully 60 million Lenny Yoro can score us a few goals

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

My main concern with Yoro is that he might not develop into a 30 goal-a-year player for a couple of years.

Yeah I think it was Parlance who was saying this earlier in the week. Wholeheartedly agree with them. I can’t stand this idea of someone having a well thought out opinion and it gets shut down as negativity. Yoro could well be great but if he is, he’s hardly going to stick around for long if we’re not competing for the league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Club needs a new manager. Has done for months. Criminal that he was left in charge over the summer. None of these performances are surprising. We’ve seen it on a consistent basis for the last couple of seasons, bar the odd game.

Even mediocre Dutch teams know how to play against Ten Hags Utd. It’s pure negligence from the people above him and really taints all the other (positive) changes they have made. He will eventually go, most likely this side of Christmas but it’s another season wasted by indecision.

I for one can’t wait to see the back of him. As bad if not worse than anything we’ve had post Fergie.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭ngunners

I'm not at training so I don't know. But I'd imagine Eriksen, Mount, or Amad could play Bruno's role better than he has been playing it lately. Bring Bruno on for the last 20/25 mins if it's not working. But Ten Hag is extremely conservative in his team selections.

I'm not saying Bruno should be sold or anything. But a change is required. Doesn't help that United still have no lethal finishers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

He's the biggest problem in the team and has been the last couple of seasons. Just not good enough. Wouldnt even make the bench with City, Arsenal or Pool. Should have been let go and replaced

At least 5 players at fault for the goal. Martinez and Maguire were embarrasing for it and Onana offered nothing to Eriksen when he could see him in a spot and then leaves the near post open

Can see ETH being replaced by Ruud by the end of Oct

Zirkzee was signed and the tactics tonight were diabolical to get the best out of him. When he went off they played a few into Højlund's feet and well, we've seen enough last season to see how that goes.

No cohesion. No tactics. Attack blunt. Midfield non existent defence crumbles when someone runs at them.

Everyone already talking about next summer and the players that need to be signed and which players are useless etc. It's obviously more a tactical issue than a personnel issue. 3 summers, 500m or whatever and still can't string a couple of performances together. As much a joke as ever.

Groundhog day..…

Post edited by secman on

I've been beating that drum for a while now FourFour. We scored 5 more goals than Luton Town last year and somehow we failed to address it in any meaningful way.

They signed a striker who got a good amount of goals playing a false 9 last season. Still have the wide forwards hugging the touchline while playing him. No options in the middle. The creative players get the ball in the centre circle. It's a sham. Clueless management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Lol at the Rio at United programme that followed the coverage on TNT Sport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Hes not getting sacked dont get your hopes up.

Spurs, Porto and villa could go against him and end him, imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement