Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siro timeline

Options
  • 10-07-2024 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,731 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Last year we were notified that Siro was available in the town and about a month later we had someone call to the door to ask if it was ok to run a cable across the front of the house to next house etc.. which we said yes to.. he said they'd be back in coming months but that feels like it was nearly a year ago at this point. Is there any way to check where they are with this process? On the siro website it just says not available at address.

Cheers,

Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭GreyAlien

My guess is some other neighbour didn't play ball and Siro were unable to string the fibre line from house to house and thus passed those houses.

My own house used to be listed as coming soon back in 2018. Eventually it got delisted to 'not available'. After contacting Siro, they informed me the ducting in my estate wasn't suitable. So might be worth contacting Siro with your eircode, just to be sure.

Thankfully openeir eventually passed my house, so I had some option.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭gibgodsman

We had the same situation in an apartment we were living in a few years back, it took just over a year from when we seen them installing the cable to when it became available

Advertisement