Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identify providers

Options
  • 10-07-2024 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked before but I wasn't able to readily find the answer.

I'm trying to help my elderly aunt navigate her bills and various providers. It sounds like she is out of contract with Pure and on a rolling contract. Her bills are higher as a result.

She doesn't have paper copies of all bills so it is hard to be sure who her provider is. e.g. Her phone provider is Pure Telecom. She seems to think they provided her TV before as well but is now saying that whatever company is providing TV service split from Pure. It is hard to get any sense from her so I was wondering if I might be able to find her provider by using her eircode. Does anyone know if this is possible and if so what site can I use? I will physically go to her house and see if any boxes or cables provide further clues but it would be handy if I can look up online.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If you get her to dial 19800 on the phone it should give a recording of who the provider is with.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,788 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I don't think Pure Telecom ever did TV.

You should be able to tell what service it is from the decoder box and/or remote branding. There is no way to tell otherwise, as there are so many different ways of delivery (cable, satellite, multiple completely disconnected IPTV systems)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭JVince

You can't look online.

If she doesn't have an email address, create one for utilities and you keep access to it. Get her to agree to this.

Check electricity too for best deals.

Saorview might be sufficient for her.

Advertisement