Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon EOS R7 connectivity issues

Options
  • 10-07-2024 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

I am having trouble connecting and copying photos from a canon EOS R7.

It will quickly disconnect as soon as i start copying by connecting via usb cable - with or without the latest EOS utility.

Connecting via blutooth will copy more - but it's slow and again it looses it's connection after maybe 20 photos are copied.

I am having the same issue on my laptop (win 11) and desktop (win 10)

I took the SD card and put it in my 5D3 and could copy the files that way - but only the JPG, I cannot see the CR3 raw files this way - but they are there.

Seems amazing that 20 years ago this worked way better - plug and play copying files …

I am looking at getting a card reader at this stage, as I don't think it's an issue with the camera …

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Edit even using the EOS utility with the 5diii connected it still doesn't see the .CR3 raw files …

strange ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

try using a couple of different USB cables maybe? WRT not seeing the RAW files if you're connected with the 5DIII, there's probably an option to connect as a PTP or as a bog standard USB mass storage device, try the latter and not the former.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Yeah seems to work with a different cable, pretty slow tho, so I picked up a fast external card reader…

Advertisement