Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA 2K25

Options
  • 10-07-2024 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭

Out September 6th, new gen (City) on PS5, Xbox series and finally now on PC. Old gen (Neighbourhood) on xbox one and PS4. Crossplay between PS and Xbox. PC doesn't have crossplay with consoles.

Started out 2K24 hating it for the first few weeks but myself and @v3ttel learned how to finally shoot online, found some randoms who became regular teammates in the Euro servers and it became a brilliant experience. 600 hours put into 2K24 and as much as I hate 2K as the money hungry company they are, I got an unreal amount of value from 2k24.

If anyone is playing 2K24 and wants to still team up, give a shout. If anyone is planning on getting 2k25, myself and V3ttel should be on from launch.

Still waiting for EA NBA Live to make a comeback but until then, beggars can't be choosers.

• Standard Edition –  80 euro
    • WNBA Edition – Gamestop Exclusive (Available in North America only as a physical copy) which costs 80 euro
    • All-Star Edition – 100 euro
      • 100,000 VC
      • MyTEAM Content:
        • 10 MyTEAM player Cards (3 guaranteed 89 OVR)
        • 3 Diamond Shoe Cards
        • 3 Takeover Boosts
        • 1 Amethyst Coach Card
      • MyCAREER Content:
        • 150x Skill Boosts (25 Games)
        • 75x Gatorade Boosts (25 Games)
        • Jayson Tatum Cover Jersey
        • Jayson Tatum Electric Skateboard Skin
        • 2K25 Cover Stars Design T-Shirt
    • Hall of Fame Edition – Available only for a limited time (September 8th). Costs 150 euro
      • All All-Star Edition Content
      • MyCAREER Vince Carter Cover Jersey
      • Season 1 Pro Pass (4 rewards upfront)
      • 12-Month NBA League Pass Subscription

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

That time of the year again where I start wondering if I will purchase this. There has been a real steady decline in offline services since about 2020 which was a real high point for the career mode which is something that really got me into the game.

I do pay monthly for NBA League Pass (€17.99) so the Hall of Fame Edition would essentially pay for itself but I just don't know if I will enjoy the game in full, although the additional VC etc. would allow me to create a good character straight off the bat with little grind and I think then I'd have no issues playing online in the Park and I'd enjoy the game much more.

Something I'll revisit closer to the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

So, €100 for the edition that doesn't give enough VC to get you into the 80s? And indeed no edition gives enough VC to do that (237k by someones calculations based on 24 to get OVR90)? So you need to spend even more money if you want to basically immediately play online, due to previous history of online not playing with sub-80(90?) players? I'd love to give it a go, but it's a no already without even knowing how bad they screwed the career mode this year. Will try it when it comes to a sub service, but even then I probably will only get a few hours before giving up in frustration again over the VC requirement to be playable.

I just can't condone giving these crooks money.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

If you already get League Pass, then the HOF edition will be an easy choice. Also on top of the 100k vc, there is 5k vc for preordering and if you buy and play the game before mid October, you get the Trendsetters rewards that includes 15k vc so will be a nice start. What I found from 2K24, 80 ovr was actually very efficient and could max stats at 90-92. I found anything over that was building stats you don't really use. Also, we have been playing Pro-am a lot which are quick 3v3 games to 21 so like park but have custom court/uniforms and instant match making with wins giving you about 700 vc a game and up to 1200 if you get player of the game. Myself and V3ttel started raking in the vc when switching to mostly pro-am.

Only found the first build to really be a grind to get him up to a playable standard but after that, just playing games almost each night got us both 4 new builds with little actual grinding. Now, if you don't play that much, it's definitely gonna feel like more of a chore to upgrade your player but when we started really enjoying the game in season 2, the vc just started rolling in naturally.

It also really helps just teaming up with friendlies from the get go, even with low ovr, you can beat 90 rated guys just from passing the ball and not taking stupid shots. Nothing worse in these games of being low level and trying to play with ballhoggers who throw a game for you meaning barely any vc for your loss and queing 10 minutes for another game. This year, myself and V3ttel are starting Pro-Am much earlier so anyone is free to jump on if you fancy it.

Wow, preorders are up and the HOF edition is 10% off if you preorder it, serious value if your get the league pass anyway. I don't get time to sit down and watch full games so would be wasted on me.

Post edited by Zero-Cool on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

2K are after getting their claws unto you Zero...

• Advertisement

Not as much as 2K got their claws into me, more of finding a few teammates on the same wavelength who have completely transformed how i play and enjoy the game. 2K are absolutely the devil for they way focus on grabbing every penny from the players instead of just putting it a game for players to enjoy. If i was playing solo, I'd play a couple of months, be miserable with the grind and end up hating it like I've done for a lot of the 2K years since NBA 2K11. Playing with V3ttel and a few others, We've both gone from 10% win rates to 80% win rates and honestly, finding the flow and being successful online is something I'm not used to, in any online game, and it's pure enjoyment night after night. It's mental how much more enjoyable the game would actually be if 2K eased up on their money hungry ways but with 2K24, I've found a way to get the most out of the game, i haven't gotten anywhere near the 600 hours i put into this.

Edit: actually yeah, i guess they have got their claws into, whether i like it or not 😂 Saying that I'm so ready to jump ship when Scott basketball game comes along.

Advertisement