Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Sage Line 50 Licence has been deactivated by Sage

• 10-07-2024 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hi,

We use Sage Line 50 V24 for our accounts and on the 1st of July our Sage Licence has been deactivated.

We purchased our desktop copy of Line 50 back in 2018 with a perpetual licence (which in Sage terms means 15 years in the Licence Agreement) so it is not out of date yet.

However, Line 50 now says that the Licence is not active anymore and we will loose access to our data after 7 days.

I contacted Sage and I was told that this was due to a Microsft change where TLS 1.1 has been deprecated and there is nothing that they can do, and our only solution is to purchase a monthly subscription.

This is completely untrue. Yes, Microsoft have switched off TLS 1.1 in Windows, but you can switch it on again, and the Sage Licence Servers are still alive and running with that version of TLS.

I believe that Sage has deliberately deleted our licence on their systems in order to force us to upgrade to a subscription.

Has this happened anybody else?

Advertisement