Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solis 5k Hybrid Inverter - Low Charge/Discharge Rate

Options
  • 10-07-2024 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all, been a minute since I was last here. Has anyone had issues with their Solis Hybrid not charging/discharging at the full rate like it used to?

I'm not sure exactly when this happened but the max I see discharge is around 3.5kw and max charge is around 3.8kw. This is right at the beginning and throughout a charge/discharge so it's not like it starts high and then throttles. I did note while looking at the screen that the charge/discharge rate did flick between 2.5-3.5k even though the load was consistent. It never did this so something clearly wrong somewhere. I have power cycled everything including the BMS.

It's hooked up to a couple of packs of 16s EVE with Seplos BMS. Controlled and monitored by HA.

I'm thinking it might be a faulty inverter (or BMS?) but wanted to run it by you first.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

My own system is newly setup Solis 5kW with Seplos battery and I have observed it charging and discharging at 5kW as recently as 2 days ago. I have the V3 BMS. I suppose to rule out a faulty BMS, you could connect 1 battery at a time and see if that improves your chg/dischg rates.

I do have an inverter issue where the datalogger is not communicating with the inverter. It's only in since March. 2 dataloggers have been tried. I'm told I need a new inverter (warranty covered). Disconnecting it from the grid in settings accidentally and then reconnecting seems to have caused the issue, but there's no explanation as to why. Mad stuff.

Stay Free

Advertisement