Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Enigma2 type box with Sat2IP server?

• 10-07-2024 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

Currently I have an old PC with a Hauppauge DVB-S2 tuner card and an USB DVB-T tuner running LibreElec (i.e., Kodi) that I'm interested in replacing it with something more power efficient, such as a raspberry pi, but I'm not too keen on buying a USB DVB-S2 tuner.

I'd like to put an Enigma2 type box in the attic with Sat2IP capability. I don't need 4K, FHD is fine. Something like a ZGemma H7S but with Sat2IP server capability.

Advice (from AI, hah hah) I got was: the following have Sat2IP server capability

Octagon SF8008 has dual DVB-S2X tuners and a DVB-T2 tuner (really?)

Edision Mio+ has one of each (I'd like two DVB-SX2 tuners)

GigBblue UHD Quad 4K and GigaBlue UHD UE 4K have dual DVB-S2X tuners (no DVB-T?)

I also have a ZGemma H7S that has only one DVB-S2 connector in use (bedroom) and a spare LNB port that could be connected up to something in the attic, but not to the ZGemma (only one coax port available and it already has both terrestrial and one satellite connection carried on a single cable from the attic).

If the ZGemma did Sat2IP server I'd just put in the attic and raspberry pi boxes in the living room and bedroom.

Suggestions welcome, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭TAFKAlawhec

Octagon SF8008 has dual DVB-S2X tuners and a DVB-T2 tuner (really?)

The SF8008 & its successor the SF8008 Supreme is available with either dual DVB-S2X tuners or a single DVB-S2X tuner & DVB-C/T/T2 tuner, but not all three together. I've the SF8008 original with dual DVB-S2X tuners and using an XBox DVB-T2 USB tuner for DVB-T2 Freeview/Saorview use (plugged into a USB2.0 port on the back of the STB) and they work well, only issue is that the driver for the XBox tuner can't display on screen DVB-T2 signal levels (if you really want this, an RTL2382 based USB DVB-T(2) tuner will provide this info albeit only for DVB-T and not T2 due to the Linux Kernel in use for the SF8008, but this is perfectly fine for Saorview).

I'm afraid I can't help you with Sat2IP, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭PJtharsaile

Thanks. I'm using an RTL2382 via USB for DVB-T. However, you've confirmed what I suspected, and that AI advice needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

ChatGPT says the ZGemma has a Sat2IP plugin or extension. If so I didn't find it, but then I've found other things that can't be installed any more, so who knows?

Advertisement