Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question regarding transferring tickets

Options
  • 10-07-2024 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭

I transferred two tickets on Ticketmaster for a gig to a friend of mine. He replied to me on WhatsApp saying he "couldn't download it". He didn't give me any further details but I do know he is completely clueless regarding anything to do with the Internet.

I am thinking that he doesn't have a Ticketmaster account. If I set one up with the email address I transferred the tickets to (it's his email adddress) will the tickets then appear on his Ticketmaster dashboard?

The guy is exasperating.

Edit: You are supposed to get a prompt to create a Ticketmaster account when you accept the tickets. He must have got that prompt so I don't know what is up with him.

Post edited by lukin on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Does the person receiving the tickets not have to accept them? If he hasn't already got an account I would do what you were thinking and create one with that email address. If you log in I would imagine you will see something asking you to accept them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭lukin

He's accepted the ticket and created an account. I think he has downloaded it to his wallet but he wants me to meet him to check it all out.

I will hopefully get the moolah off him too then. As I say he is totally Internet-illiterate (and he's not elderly).

I was worried for a while but it seems OK now.

Advertisement