Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Questions on Myenergi app from n00b

Options
  • 10-07-2024 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hello,

1. I got my solar panels installed yesterday (I already had the app with a Zappi car charger)
    2. I switched with Electric Ireland to a new plan
    3. I set the prices on the web app (see screenshot one)
    4. On the phone app it still asks me to set up the tarrif (see screenshot two)
    5. When I get past this screen the data I enter in step 3 above gets synced down (see screenshot three) 

Questions

1. Is it expected that everytime I login to the phone app it asks me to set up tarrifs?
    2. There is no option for cents rather pence but I guess this doesn't matter much but can I set up cents?
    3. Where can I see the calculation of my electricity usage in euro i.e. estimate my bill for the month? (I note the app doesn't let me know how much I sell energy back to the grid for.)

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Screenshot 3

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jkforde

congrats!

1. no you won't, set and forget
    2. no, can't configure to Euro/cents
    3. app won't do that, not in its design

the tariff data is solely to allow myenergi to schedule the cheapest time to heat or charge. I don't use it at all as I just use manually set schedules via the app (btw, don't use both web and app schedules, use either or).

best of luck with the PV system, you will not be disappointed! 🌞🌞🌞🌞

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 18 dublinman1013

Thanks. One follow up please.

• I am on the Electric Ireland Home Electric+ Night Boost EV plan
    • I have input the above prices
    • My app is set to the below:

Question:

1. What do I set the yellow box to Eco or Eco+? Any more tips on the difference between the two please?
    2. The night boost rate is between 2am - 4am. I assume I have this set correctly in the red box?

Advertisement