Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2000 Ford Fiesta

• 11-07-2024 12:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a 2000 Ford Fiesta MK4 1.3L engine. It is just the basic model and doesn't have a temperature gauge even though the older models up to 1998 had it. I was hoping to be able to fit one to it as I hate an old car with no temperature gauge. Just has a light that is supposed to come on if the engine over heats. I got a dash out of a Ghia model and was hoping to wire up a temp sensor to the Ghia dash but when I plug in the dash the mileage is from the car I took it out off. I taught that the mileage was stored on the car's ECU and the dash mileage would be updated from that but obviously I was wrong. Would anyone know if it is possible to change the mileage on the dash unit to what it should be or is this a big job. I have no experience dealing with car ECU's or what software is used.

Thanks.

Advertisement