Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best photography course

Options
  • 11-07-2024 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

I am looking for any feed back on photography courses for semi beginner.

I am presently looking at two different class based & online courses to do. First course is ran by photograph academy of Ireland and it's a postgraduate diploma, can be studied online or class based.

The second course is the photograph institute of Ireland which is an online based course only.

Both these cousers are expensive but one a lot more expensive than the other.

I'm looking to see has anyone completed any of the above courses and what would you recommend.

Any feedback be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

What are you looking to do with your photography ? Pursue it professionally ? If you're just hobbying along I'd probably join the Dublin Camera Club and do one of their courses

There was an error displaying this embed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Asheppo

Thanks Daire

Just to give you a brief insight, I'm working in the hospitality trade and have been for the past 30 odd years, my idea is to get qualified in photography as its an interest I have had for years and take it up professionally if possible. I'm trying to aim ahead as working in the hospitality trade is for the young 😁 I'm not expecting miracles and know the photography trade is a tough business to crack and possibly over saturated at present. That's why I'm looking for the best and most realistic course available.

Thanks for your feedback 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

Ah, right, can't really help you out there then.we used to have a few people on boards who were working professionally or were doing fine art degrees or diplomas or whatever, but its kinda quiet now. Good luck with whatever you find.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

I did a one of these 1 year photography evening courses back in 2012. It was well worthwhile.

https://www.plccourses.ie/course/photography-level-5-5m2094/

Advertisement