Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drinks and food options for Iveagh Gardens gigs

Options
  • 12-07-2024 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone's been to any of the 2024 gigs here so far and can tell me what the set-up is like inside WRT drinks and food options. Hoping there's going to be more than pints of Rockshore!

Thanks,

Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Diageo products Guinness and rockshore and a few food options like burger etc but wouldn’t be eating food there tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭paulie13

I can't believe they're still pushing that rockshire sh*te. I have yet to meet anyone who likes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Yeah was there on Saturday and had a few Rockshore. Not great but as a one of i didnt grumble.

I was told the Guinness was actually alright but I don't like drinking Guinness outdoors..I know, weird, but to me it tastes different!

Not much in food but it looked alright too but so many options around before you head in so i wouldnt bother either.

Try Pablo's for a burrito if its nice fast food that works for you!

Great venue though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,985 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Is it a 10:30 or 11:00 curfew this year does anyone know? Going to see Pillow Queens tomorrow night.

Was there a few years back for Elvis Costello and it's a good venue

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,613 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i was there last saturday for Glen Hansard

The only food options i saw was a burger and fries place, and a chinese / dumpling place.

The burger place had a couple of different of burger / pulled pork, with different options for fired (piggy fries, taco etc)

teh chinese had spice bag opinion, springrolls, dumplings (didnt look too hard to be honest)

queueing was a nightmare, probably 30mins as we hit iot between the support and main act, plus their card machine went down and they spent ages trying to fix it. Eventually they started to take cash payment.

drink were usual rockshore lager / cider and guinness. They didnt canned mixers like G+T.

They also did a very small strawberry daquiri at a whopping €12

No soft drink in the main bar, had to go to teh food / coffee stall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 MustangMick

Better options outside beforehand.

Momento (Italian) on Camden St, just across from the Bleeding Horse.

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

because Diageo has a near monopoly on bar taps due to popularity of Guinness and can it as part of the taps requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭HBC08

This isn't a dig at your good self but I had a bit of a chuckle at that post.

Watching the po faced Pillow Queens in the coldest july I can remember whilst sipping Roskshore in a plastic glass is my idea of hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Lost Ormond

That's it pretty much. And diageo decide how many taps each beer gets in each unit/bar in venues.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Eating there is a mad idea

The Guinness is good though. Maybe the best plastic cup Guinness Ive had.

We need to boycott Rockshore as a country.

• Advertisement

Well it’s turned into a nice evening, not cold, and I’m not drinking Rockshore 😄 pint of Guinness is good

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Yer wan who is/was in Saint Sister was great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭robo

That was Morgana - yes she was very good, great voice and stage presences.

The PQs were great also - in awe of the side of the crowd, they didn't wanna leave the stage

Advertisement