Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air rifle

• 12-07-2024 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Got a Hatsan .177 air rifle. The accuracy at 25 yards is awful to be honest. Not the best shot but any thing else I shoot can produces much better results. Wouldn't even try shoot any vermin with it, just wouldn't trust it to be accurate enough. Any one recommend any other air rifles that wouldn't break the bank? Any what would I even do with this one? Would feel bad even giving it to someone. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 577 ✭✭✭JP22

Don't do air myself but you'll be asked for more info than that to try and diagnose the problem -

New or old?

If old, how old?

Have you cleaned it?

What pellets are you using?

Are you sure it's not an issue with the scope or mounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 justbehindit

New or old?

Was bought new last year.

Have you cleaned it?

It has been cleaned, every couple months.

What pellets are you using?

Using a quality pellet. Forget the exact brand but not cheap pellets.

Are you sure it's not an issue with the scope or mounts?

Pretty sure same issue with scope and iron sights.

I've seen reviews and I suspect it's not just a my one problem, which is why my first thought was to just get it gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭lefthooker

pcp or spring air rifle?

It's a break barrel that used a gas piston

It's a break barrel that used a gas piston

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭bemak

The HW95 looks a beaut. I have a pro sport myself but I pine for a 95. Open sights etc. Has it all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Without knowing your experience with a recoiling air rifle, they are very hold sensitive and require a different technique to most other rifles. Holding them too firmly and interfering with free recoil can be disastrous for accuracy

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭TombstoneT

Thats a fact lefthooker. I used to use what was called "The Artillary Hold" when I had a breakbarrel with no problems. As you say it's all about freedom of movement. I googled it at the time.

Advertisement