Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SA v Ireland test 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭RichieRich_89

I think it was deliberate by Kolbe to time his run from deep so he didn't have to accelerate from a standing start.

It was clever positioning of the blockers by Ireland. Kolbe had to run an s-shape outside Doris and inside Bealham, and having to change direction caused him to slip.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭Clo-Clo

Oh damn right he will, Borthwick said the same, playing rugby in the World cup and playing rugby in 6 nations is differnet. Expect SA and ENgland etc to revert to kick the **** out of it and bash the fu*k out of everyone

Nonsense, Kolbe had no idea, he threw himself to the ground and tried to make out he was obstructed

He has a habit of that for years….he has bought penalties before as well….

• Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭HBC08

Whilst arguments can be made for both,they are different levels (club v country) You do understand that,right?

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭ujjjjjjjjj

Frawley was outstanding, simply outstanding. A mature, confident and simply brilliant performance. He just oozes quality and confidence.

Farrell has lots to be thinking about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭thamus doku

some game. What a finish. The last 10 minutes was unreal stuff.
    some balls on Frawley two unreal drop kicks.

Delighted to beat them, their arrogance is unreal. Playing zombie last week, they can shove it up their holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Shehal

The big winner of this tour has been Jamie Osborne, went into the tour and people were terrified of him starting at 15 and now by the end he's arguably one of the best 15s in world rugby rn, especially with Williemse and Keenan injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Watched it again last night.

Osborne was incredible under the high ball and from the boot. If he gets a bit more involved in attack, he could be a rival for Keenan.
    Lowe was immense, and Nash was definitely more involved than last week.

I have to admit, I would have been very worried if you’d told me Ireland would have to come from behind with Blade on the pitch for the last 20 but he was great. The speed and accuracy of his passing was impressive; Frawley has all the time in the world for the second DG primarily because of the pass.

And in fairness to Farrell, he emptied the bench early and they all did a great job, especially the front row.

I was struck again by just how uninventive SA were in attack, they put very few attacking plays together that really threatened to cut us open.

Doris is just next level good at this point. VDF tackled his heart out but he’s not at the level he was a couple of years ago in terms of carrying and link play. McCarthy had a storming game, and while they all played well, I don’t know if moving Beirne to 6 really worked.

Anyway, yet another win against SA, much improved from last week and a great way to finish the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭RichieRich_89

Revolutionary new tactic: diving before making contact with the opposition player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭FtD v2

Just saw the incident around 30 mins where Jesse Kriel runs straight into Jack Crowley off the ball, which splits Crowley’s nose.

Blatant and obvious - clear and easily seen. Crowley implores Dickson to review it, and he refuses. What is the TMO looking at there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

A great win yesterday and the big thing was how the younger players played into the team and looked at home there, this tour has blooded these players into the squad and the hard pressure of test rugby with the management building for the future and great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭leakyboots

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭monkeybutter

The 2 threads would make a good study in how positivity and negativity have an exaggerated effect on the weaker human mind

Yes he is, look: https://x.com/CianTracey1/status/1812237609252319635

Plus the way he help set up the try yesterday and was in the right place, right time for the try last week. That combined with all his other duties minus the defence for the Arendse try and I don't think there are many better than Osborne in WR right now as realistically the best 3 15's around the world atm arent playing.

No he isn't, that is a good pass, not an example to show he is one of the best 15's in the World

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Calling him one of the best in the world is getting a bit carried away but he's very clearly an international level player in multiple positions. Be very hard to leave him out of the 23 now imo. But not sure who loses out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jimbingo

Not sure SA are such a good team , they are a physical team , Pollard kicks their points , they have two flying wingers ( when not slipping of course ) and a large heavy pack. They lack creativity - especially at 10 , 12, 13 . Seem to have a blinkered and aggressive game plan , which if one stands up to it nullifies the threat.

. Libok at 10 and their replacement 15 Sacha Feinberg-Mngomezulu have a spark in them all right though having won back to back world cups it’s perhaps understandable that they keep their one dimensional physical dominance game plan . However if you front up (as Ireland did ) there appears to be nothing else . The bombs squad are turning into a damp squib.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,667 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Well, for the sake of world rugby hopefully it doesnt successed again, rugby is in trouble in many places , not to mention the oncoming collision/concussion court cases,

• Advertisement

Not just the pass, everything else I mentioned. You wont see many better FB's in world rugby over this window and it's fair to say Osborne is firmly in this category. Probably not quite ready to take over Keenan as Keenan is truly world class but he'd be the clear starter for most test teams in world rugby.

Nah disagree, lets get carried away as you only live once. The reality is if SA,ENG,FRA had a player play the way he did over these two games we'd never hear the end of it, sadly we seem to be too modest to celebrate how good some of our players are but judging by this window so far he's definitely up there, certainly better than Willie le poo anyway and there are too many other's to mention.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Willemse, SFM, Williams, Hanekom... there's a ton of talented players waiting in the wings. I wonder who they'll pick against Portugal and if they'll play a more expansive style.

Bar Williemse all those players look really good URC level players, still have alot to prove to show they can step up to International rugby and seamlessly step in for an experienced international (like Osborne, for example, did).

Think Rassie indicated he’ll change the whole 23 for Portugal.

I’m excited by Sanele Nohamba, the Lions 10. He is an excellent talent and absolutely electric to watch. Hope they give him a chance to start next week, and the Sharks 10 Siya Masuku had an incredible season too.

As I said on another thread, that XV that started yesterday had 13/15 players over 30 (and the other two are 28 years old) so they definitely have some transition to do over the next while.

Post edited by FtD v2 on

• Registered Users Posts: 17,802 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Doris definitely motioned towards Kolbe, but I don't think he touched him and Kolbe slipped (I'm being charitable to Kolbe).

If the DG hadn't gone over would the TMO had looked at the tackle on Doris two phases before the DG? We'll never know, but sometimes incidents like that get missed at the end of games because refs blow the final whistle amd there is no time to look.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,547 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Dicksen blew the whistle then went and checked for obstruction

If Kolbe had just slipped, he wouldn’t have started waving his arms looking for a penalty. It was a dive, 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭irelandrover

I don't have any issue with Dickson checking obstruction at the end. It would be poor referring not to. And it was very quickly cleared.

Looking back the only really awful decision was the penalty against McCarthy for offside. And even then it was only because he ignored the tmo.

Obviously if Frawley hadn't scored at the end then my opinion would be different.

• Advertisement

Cheslin Kolbe, what a **** cheat.

Blatant piece of absolute gamesmanship. Embarrassing.

Advertisement