Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassination attempt on Donald Trump - threadbans in OP

Options
1686970717274»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭scottser

Trump inherited his wealth, and has learned only to lie, grift and screw over other people with it. It means nothing to him because he never worked a day for it. His own kids are genuine idiots who if they weren't rich would be utter trailer trash. They are a walking advertisement for a 90% inheritance tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,602 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I wouldn't go quite that far myself. I know people who are not racist and still voted for him because they believe the 'swamp' rhetoric. And these were highly educated and traveled people. But with a fundamental attitude towards Washington that was so ingrained they mostly couldn't explain it or justify it without resorting to rhetoric.

And with this in mind I do say that 'Not everyone who supports Trump is racist, but all the racists support Trump'. Same goes for Farage, Wilders, Le Pen et al.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭omega man

I get that side too but my experience is with non US citizens. I certainly wouldn’t imagine all his voters fall into that category in fairness .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

First 30 seconds are worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

was wondering about this. which sniper team actually shot him?, it wasn't the one we've seen in the videos i think it was the one further away from the shooter, these ones closer were blocked by trees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

The policies of Republicanism are racist and misogynist - why is everyone so surprised that the leader reflects the basic tenets of the party and feel they have to write about it - it’s hardly a shock 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 7,493 ✭✭✭volchitsa

I actually get that she (or whoever was in charge of the detailed planning) decided not to put a sniper on that roof, for that reason. What I don't get is that they then left the access to that roof apparently unguarded, as though a terrorist group would reach the same conclusion about it. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,602 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Does anyone else find Trumps behavior about this attempt a bit weird?

When it happened Saturday night, I expected from Sunday we'd see him talking on every major TV station that would have him but I haven't seen a single clip, not one, of him talking about it. I expect if I went looking for some I might find something, but if he had done anything significant, all the commentators and clip editors would be using them on social media. I haven't seen a single such clip.

Why would he, or his team not have him look to use the 'free advertising' that such interviews would give him. Even those close to him who have commented on it such as Huckabee Sanders have just gone with the simple 'hero dodged a bullet' angle rather than focusing it in a meaningful way about how he is aware of the challenges of the role, more than anyone, blah blah blah, but he showed how he can remain calm under pressure, and so on. I haven't seen any of that. I just find that weird given the stage, literally, on which he is playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭techdiver

The type of person who defends a scumbag who had an $83 million verdict against him in a civil sexual assault case and then argues semantics is exactly the type of person I expect a Trump supporter to be. If they were civilised or had any morals at all, that trial (and not even the fraud case) should have ended his political ambitions.

In my opinion if you support him after all of that you are condoning that behaviour and no mental or semantic gymnastics is going to change that. At least the Trump supporters should be honest and say they don't mind sexual assault against women or fraud as long as they get their ideology into the White House.

Advertisement