Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassination attempt on Donald Trump - threadbans in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,867 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

They didnt find a 5ft ladder at the scene. He didnt use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭volchitsa

It's absolutely hilarious that you think there is an Official Narrative on this but simultaneously that the Official Narrative Writers are so rubbish at the task that they have to "amend" it, sometimes more than once.

Especially when these amendments are only required whenever the public (ie you) learns new information - as though the ONW wouldn't have had access to all that info beforehand, so that they could make up a story that would hold up over time.

Reem Alsalem UNSR Violence Against Women and Girls@UNSRVAW "Very concerned about these statements by the IOC at Paris2024 There are multiple international treaties and national constitutions that specifically refer to#women and their fundamental rights to equality and non-discrimination, so the world has a pretty good idea of what women -and men for that matter- are. Also, how can one assess whether fairness and justice has been reached if we do not know who we are being fair and just to?"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,806 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I feel we aren't far from Blue just blaming Magneto for the whole thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,895 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Couldn't even find an ex-Marine type that could shoot straight. Or one with a hunting rifle. You can't get the help these days.

And someone forgot to plant the trail back to the Deep State's opponents.

It is almost like the shooter got into perfect position for a shot due to two agencies dropping the ball between them … and still missed. Doesn't make for a good Hollywood script.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭Hoop66

But you're OK with a third hand rumour it was 20 miles away?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

@BluePlanet are you still gonna claim he needed explosives training?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Redliketoast

Lets say an ex Democrat President was almost assassinated. Lets say Obama or Clinton.

There would be a national day of mourning in the US. Sports events and big performances would be cancelled. In fact any Terrorist event or attempted murder of a high profile figure (not even political) has has knock on effects, such as cancellations out of respect, declarations of empathy and condemn the act. In fact for a former President there would be flags at half mast and the military would be on high alert.

But because it is a figure that we dont like, we joke. Because it is Trump we say things like "should I be smiling?" or calling it fake news? Because we dont agree with his politics, let alone the Republicans, the Main stream media openly joke about it. Even worse, they try to turn it into whataboutary by saying he had it coming.

Do I think that he was responsible for Jan 6th? No. But he also didnt bother trying to calm it down after it started. Even by coming out and asking for clam, it could have stopped it for the most part.

Is he wrong for the Pelosi stuff? YES

But that goes both ways. Both sides need to cut the rubbish. Harris joking about killing him. Pelosi saying that he needs to be stopped. Biden and others calling him a Threat to democracy. Its all language that inflames. ALSO Trumps lot need to stop the rubbish. They are well able to fan those flames themselves.

If we want to call out Trump and his lot for the stuff he says, then we cant say the exact same stuff! You cant take the moral high ground when walking in S**t.

People calling the Right a Cult yet laugh and joke about someone almost dying!!! DEATH. Ceasing to exist. Last moment of life. I dont think people have the comprehension of what that means.

So to those who are saying the Trump fans are the violent ones, an anti Trumper just tried to KILL him.

Just look at the number of Republican Presidents who had attempts on their lives versus Democrat Presidents!!

We can not agree with Trump while also thinking what happened was disgusting. Anyone who densest agree is someone who is not worth hearing from.

Trump fans are the violent ones. Or rather MAGA Republican type and far right loons that Trump dog whistles to are.
    There is simply no comparision with the hate and egging on of political violence coming from that sector with the tame stuff from the Dems - so enough with the both sides false equivalence.
    Trump fans even wanted to hang a Republican VP! So don't pretend either like this is just a Republican v Democrat thing. MAGA Republicans even whip up hate against other Republicans, they spew hate against minorities, they spew hate against Democrats.

Republican Presidents had attempts on their lives, some of those ones you are referencing are from the 19th century! I could start listing Democratic candidates who were assassinated… Zero relevance to 2024.

It is a cult. Trump almost died… and what was his reaction… any concern for those protecting him, any concern for the civilians around him… nope, where are my shoes and photo op. And he is lauded for that pose by some… that is a cult.
    And you are worried about the jokes and memes that circulated after the event? Nope. Get real.

The shooter was a conservative and a registered Republican and a gun nut. He was exposed to Trump messaging.

Numerous examples listed on the thread of 'fans' wanting revenge on their 'idol' for some perceived slight. Or just an unhinged person looking for a high profile target, like Reagan's assassin. If Biden was in town, he might have been the target.

I don't condone assassination attempt on Trump, not because he doesn't "deserve" it, his death may have been a good thing in the long run for America (that is how vile and dangerous he is) - but because he should be defeated at the ballot box, and also for the copycats it may kick off.

C'mon, someone who was apparently there apparently heard it from someone who apparently called her and said apparently there was a van outside her house.

Absolutely no proof whatsoever of course but you cant argue with facts like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭BluePlanet

Melody Hooks was her name.
    You can listen yourself here, starts at 17 mins.
    https://rumble.com/v57c7f1-breaking-disturbing-new-details-in-trump-assassination-plot-exposed-redacte.html

She's probably exaggerating on the distance of "10 miles away" but she's quite sincere.

Edit: 17:30 min in.

• Advertisement

So you think that "his death may have been a good thing in the long run for America" and you have the gaul to say that its them that are the violent ones!

I mean you get the irony here yea?

You say the "Far right loons" are the violent ones yet it was the far left who had riots in the BLM and when Trump was first elected. These things actually happened!!

I am saying BOTH sides are nuts. Especially in America. There is no difference in the parties. They are merely bespoke franchises of each other.

As for the Presidential Assassination Attempts. They are not mostly form the 19th century.
    Lincoln (Republican) - 1865

Garfield (Republican) - 1881

McKinley (Republican) - 1901

Theodore Roosevelt (Republican) - 1912

Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat)- 1933

Truman (Democrat) - 1950

JFK (Democrat) - 1963

Nixon (Republican) - 1974

Ford (Republican) - 1975 in Sept and 2 weeks later

Regan (Republican) - 1981

Trump (Republican) - 2024

12 well known attempts on 11 Presidents. That is 9 attempts on 8 Republicans versus 3 Democrats.

As for if the assassin is a Rep or Dem, who cares?? How does that matter? The would be killers were Anti that president. The people right now are Anti Trump or pro Trump. I doesnt matter if they are R or D.

It is cult like behavior to say things like "his death may have been a good thing in the long run for America"

Saying the world would be better off without Trump, doesn't automatically mean take the guy out unless you are a MAGA loon. Basic different concepts you are struggling with for some reason, disingenuous much? If Trump dropped dead last week from a heart attack, it would have been a good thing for America. Nothing cult like about it. Trump is a vile human being and dangerous influence in American politics.

Nope, the messaging and actions from MAGA Republicans and Democrats are not remotely the same, Trump goes about cheering on crowds chanting to hang a Republican VP!
    Trump incites a mob to storm the Captiol.
    The far right plot to kidnap the Democratic governor Whitmer.
    Nothing the Democrats have done is in the same league in terms of politically motivated violence.

You're going back to 1865 in a discussion about 2024, so desperate historical whataboutery, and not even good at it as you ignore the likes of Robert Kennedy. Trump wasn't even President when he was shot at. But you knew that already.

Since the mid 1800s theres been 18 Republican presidents and 12 Democratic Presidents.

Also, hardly any of the above attempts or assassinations were due to any party of even the President. Most of the assasins/would be assassins were insane or just against the government or authority in general. Or trying to impress someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

All thats missing is Dohnjoe and King Mob here to quell all discussion …. 🤣

But they dont travel outside the C. Theory threads…….. 😝

All this bickering is really derailing the thread …. 🙄

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

So you've linked to a weird source and think it should be treated as credible. Given the fact the remote detonator (for fireworks) for the explosives were found on him, I'm guessing the vehicle had to be pretty close by if he intended to trigger them. So what exactly do you think you've got the smoking gun for? There's no indication he had an accomplice which I think you're trying to push. Ah, she also pushes that claim I see.... So basically more conspiracies based on accounts that aren't guaranteed to be very accurate.

So wheres the proof? Any pics or vids? Any other witnessess? Any proof it was even his van?

She's also pushing a claim there was a second shooter. So honestly, it's just coming across as a poster who wants there to be a conspiracy. His explosives nonsense is disproved so now he needs another unreliable account.

You said in relation to the shooting "his death may have been a good thing in the long run for America". That means exactly "take the guy out". I may have missed it but I havent seen any pro trump people here look for Biden to die.

The current VP joked about killing Trump!!

What did Trump say to incite the storming of the capital?

The far right plot to kidnap Whitmer? So which far right group did that? I ask taht because you seem to think the there are 100 Million people on the right who are in a whatsapp group.

I mentioned ALL the assassination attempts.

I NAMED JFK - you know that is Kennedy right?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

I agree that there have been more attempts/successful attempts on Republican presidents and candidates, but not by that much. You were being selective in the evidence you gave to show that it was heavier towards republicans. This was discussed earlier in the thread, but il copy and paste it below:

Assassinated Presidents:

• Republican Presidents:
      • Abraham Lincoln (1865)
      • James A. Garfield (1881)
      • William McKinley (1901)
    • Democratic Presidents:
      • John F. Kennedy (1963)

Assassination Attempts on Presidents and Candidates:

• Republican Presidents and Candidates:
      • Theodore Roosevelt was shot in 1912 after his presidency while running as a Progressive Party candidate.
      • Gerald Ford survived two attempts in 1975.
      • Ronald Reagan was shot and wounded in 1981.
      • Donald Trump faced a shooting attempt in 2024 while campaigning.
    • Democratic Presidents and Candidates:
      • Franklin D. Roosevelt was targeted in 1933, resulting in the death of Chicago Mayor Anton Cermak instead.
      • Harry Truman survived an attempt by Puerto Rican nationalists in 1950.
      • Robert F. Kennedy, a presidential candidate, was assassinated in 1968.
      • Barack Obama received numerous threats and plots during his presidency and candidacy.

This shows that Americans love to try and kill their presidents and presidential candidates, no matter what party they belong to.

It doesn't mean exactly "take the guy out". Try reading the sentences in good faith next time and read the words actually written not the ones you are filling in yourself like.

You listed Trump as a Presidential assassination attempt, Trump isn't President in 2024. You didn't mention the assassination of Robert Kennedy. Total whataboutery, and disingenuous at that.

It's pretty clear you have lost the argument when you're having to go back to the Civil War. Suggest you start paying more attention to what Republicans have done since 2010 and Trump came on the scene and maybe you'll see where you went wrong. That's a helluva lot more relevant than anything to do with the shooting of Garfield or Reagan.

• Advertisement

13 democrat Presidents since 1853. 3 of them had Assassination attempts

23%

19 Republican Presidents since the same time. 8 of them had Assassination attempts

42%

• Registered Users Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

This is conspiracy thinking. Note how there's no effort to detail a coherent alternative. It's purely a search for something, anything that can be construed as "odd" or different or whatever in order to cast doubts - working backwards to suggest some sort of vague conspiracy innuendo.

Every conspiracy no matter how bonkers uses this technique. After a major event in the US/world, a small army of internet sleuths goes to work doing this, retroactively searching for "clues" that it's some conspiracy they don't explain. There's a mini industry built on it. For most events it usually fizzles out after a month.

Very few of them actually motivated by the party or the president.

"I don't condone assassination attempt on Trump, not because he doesn't
    "deserve" it, his death may have been a good thing in the long run for
    America (that is how vile and dangerous he is)"

That is what you said. There is nothing in me quoting that as "not good faith". It is what you said. You are horrified by it being mirrored back and you should be. Its a disgusting thing to say.

You are right. I didn't name Robert Kennedy because I named former Presidents who had assassination attempts. I was talking about Ex Presidents. I can see why you think it is disingenuous though. As for Trump "Not being President". He is a former President. Like Obama and Clinton, he is on a high stature to mere candidates.

I went back to the civil war to give a sample size. If we went back to 2010 like you suggest, we would be talking about 1 Republican President versus 2 Democrat Presidents and only the Rep president was shot. That makes the Anti Trump brigade even worse by %. A larger sample size is needed for the balance of conversation. If your argument was that it was the Democrats who were the perceived nut jobs back then. Then yes I would agree. But I am just showing by the stat, that Reps and Dems are just as bad.

While we will never really know the true motivation for any of them to be fair

I do agree that it is very little to do with party.

That is my point. When we sit here and make accusations that "the other side are the violent ones", that only works if we are peaceful. If we are holding the decapitated head of someone and screaming "they were violent", it densest work.

I was thinking last night after the news on Biden broke. If Vance was smart, in his speech he would just wish Biden well and hope he gets back on the campaign as soon as possible. (I went to bed so didnt watch) IF he said that, there would be a bridge for people to stop the BS slinging. Now I doubt he said it. I doubt any Republican would. The same as I doubt any Demo would say it in the opposite situation (Trump almost died). That is a sad declaration of the level of "being grown ups" that is in US politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

See….. 😣

Straight away, jumps in two footed .. Just cant help himself … No mention of Trump or the shooter or the security lapses … Straight in "Conspiracy Theory"…..
    Im outta here …

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭Corvo

Jesus this has been a difficult thread to read. Some bonkers stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,084 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

I've commented in the thread already and was replying to a post trying to hint at a Soros conspiracy, which is bread and butter conspiracy stuff.

Going by your posts on this type of thing, apparently it triggers you when conspriacy believers, etc are challenged by certain posters, as just demonstrated. Okay, I don't have any issue with that, but it's all part of the same persecution complex.

Seems to me like a colossal security failure. If someone wants to believe it was Bill Gates or whatever, cool, but you don't need to "save them" from scrutiny on a discussion forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

I agree, both sides should show sympathy to each other side when events like this occur. But to correct your statement "I doubt any Demo would say it in the opposite situation (Trump almost died)":

Biden said: "I’m sincerely grateful that he’s doing well and recovering. Jill and I are keeping him and his family in our prayers.”

Kamala Harris said: "Doug and I are relieved that he is not seriously injured. We are praying for him, his family, and all those who have been injured and impacted by this senseless shooting."

Advertisement