Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassination attempt on Donald Trump - threadbans in OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

The probably rehearsed it tbf!!! He also convinced the Secret Service to act like buffoons on the day!!!

In fairness to Odyssey I don't think he is suggesting it, it just has been suggested!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,501 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The poster is hardly suggesting a conspiracy where Trump was in on it?

Yes, a conspiracy to assassinate Trump without Trump knowing, is a slight possibility, but a conspiracy whereby Trump is in on it to survive the attempt is beyond ludicrous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭drury..

It's a bizarre sequence of events in fairness

Easily explainable though assuming law enforcement/SS incompetence and sheer luck that trump cheated death

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭thatsdaft

It is all kinds of odd though.

Back on Monday the thing was odd…since then what have we learned has only made it worse!!

We've had the Director the Secret Service suggest that the reason the roof was not protected was because it was too slopey… despite the other snipers being positioned on slopey roofs..she should be fired on the spot for that alone.

We know that the shooter had come to the attention of the security in the hours before the event started, two of them even took pictures of him, but they lost track of him.

Then it was suggested by the same Director of the Secret Service that there were snipers in the building the shooter was on top off….but that isn't clear.

A cop had a peak on the roof but the shooter pointed his gun at him, causing him to fall back and injure himself.

We are now told that the snipers who were filmed looking at the sniper were not the snipers that took him out, so now we have two sniper teams with the shooter in their focus…

And we've seen multiple videos of members of the public videoing the guy as he crawled along the roof and warning the cops…

And yet the Trump speech continued on.

I mean, it's like a comedy sketch of a movie!!!

IF Donald Trump was being buried this week, I'm pretty sure the US would be in a completely different mess today. It's a good job we haven't seen any riots or violent backlash because the whole thing is absurd!!!

(*I do not believe that Biden had any hand act or part in this before I'm accused of suggesting it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,947 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

trump at the RNC seems like he did after he won the presidency, like **** i didnt want this

Post edited by expectationlost on

Perhaps Trump should get rid of the USSS when he becomes president as they are part of the Deep State and then hand out protection of his ass to some neo nazi group like Proud Boys

Write a letter to Trump and see what happens….don't know why you are telling me!!!

I was thinking a few lads from the WWF would have done a better job getting trump to safety

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,897 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Yeah like in that scenario it was his bullet that hit Trump's ear. Pfft. Come on... this is basic stuff once you go down that route.

Im going with spontaneous combination of shooter taking a chance and the two agencies dropping the ball between them. Ive seen it happen enough times in other spheres. If the whole area was under police control or secret service control I dont think it would have happened.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,621 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Well they're doing a pretty good job at saving the rhino so they're used to dealing with hefty units

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,655 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod - Back on topic please, we're moving from discussing the assassination attempt to discussing Trump in general terms and we already have a thread for that

Has to be said it's not easy for Trump to walk back out on stage after cheating death like that

Him or anyone else would be badly shaken or even have PTSD presumably

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭thereiver

I read the shooter climbed up over the airconditioning unit on the side of the wall, i also read the building the shooter was on was outside the perimeter ,eg secret service told the local police to secure the building,

there were snipers inside the building, at the very least there should have been police gaurding all sides of the building to stop any possible assasins going on the roof, there,s video of the shooter walking near the building , i think the police had at least 5 minutes warning that there was someone on the roof of the building ,the police got a ladder and a policeman climbed up and looked at the shooter but retreated when the shooter pointed a rifle at them. There should have been at least one sniper watching the roof . the secret service knew the roof could be a security issue .

it seems the local police were careless or badly trained ,its basic security 101,

if theres a large public event all buildings overlooking or higher than the arena within sight of the podium must

be secured .in this case the secret service and the local police are at fault ,but the secret service should have double checked is that building secure , is the roof secure from intruders,

theres probably a wide range of security procedures and levels of training for local the police force depending on which state the event is held at .

just because a building is outside some supposed perimeter does not mean that the secret service can ignore it in a time where its easy for any adult to buy a high powered sniper rifle with a range of 400 yards plus .

its ridiculous for the head of the secret service to say we could not have a sniper on that roof cos it was sloped and not level .the shooter was easily able to crawl across the roof and get a comfortable firing position

I've got to hand it to him

Coming straight back out after getting shot and cheating death and doing the same thing all over again is no mean feat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭Flaneur OBrien

For a normal person, correct. For a narcissist sociopath? This will be like virgin blood to a vampire

• Advertisement

Trump ticks all the boxes of a sociopath.

What are the signs of sociopathy?

There’s no standard list of sociopath signs, but the signs and symptoms of ASPD include a persistent pattern of disregard for others. For example:

ignoring social norms and laws, breaking rules at school or work, overstepping social boundaries, stealing, stalking and harassing others, or destroying property

dishonesty and deceit, including using false identities and manipulating others for personal gain

difficulty controlling impulses and planning for the future, or acting without considering the consequences

aggressive or aggravated behavior, including frequent fights or physical conflict with others

disregard for personal safety, or the safety of others

difficulty managing responsibilities, including showing up at work, handling tasks, or paying rent and bills

little to no guilt or remorse, or a tendency to justify actions that negatively affect others

People with ASPD generally show little emotion or interest in the lives of others. They might:

come across as arrogant or superior, with firmly fixed opinions

use humor, intelligence, and charisma to manipulate

seem charming at first until their self-interest becomes clear

People with ASPD generally find it challenging to maintain friendships, relationships, and other mutually fulfilling connections. This difficulty may stem from traits, like:

low empathy and emotional intelligence

difficulty learning from mistakes

lack of concern for the safety of others

a tendency to intimidate and threaten in order to maintain control

https://www.healthline.com/health/mental-health/sociopath#What-is-a-sociopath?

So you think he's a sociopath

Therefore you label him a sociopath on the thread

Just so we know where we stand re facts

You're not too particular about factual rigour

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

"come across as arrogant or superior, with firmly fixed opinions"

Do I need to add "IMO" to all my posts to make you happy?

I'm very fond of factual rigour, so ironically, that would be a factual error on your part.

Do you want to actually discuss my post? I've shown you why I believe he is a sociopath, what do you think of that? It's well known that CEO's have a much higher percentage of sociopaths and psychopaths than any other jobs.

You say you're fond of factual rigor yet you throw around labels like narcissist and sociopath based on nothing more than your opinion

Sure we could all do that assign whatever label we feel like to anyone when posting

It wouldn't do much for the standard of debate if we all descend to that level

I'm replying to you on the other thread, this is departing away from the assassination.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭thereiver

If they could not put a sniper on the roof then they should have made Sure that the building was gaurded on all sides to stop someone climbing up on the roof I think there was a breakdown in communication between the police and secret service or else someone simply forgot to double check is the building being gaurded properly if you look at the video on sky news it's obvious some of the secret service are not tall enough to fully protect trump after he was shot .

The shooter was seen walking around carrying a sniper scope long before he got on the roof .there was 2 groups of secret service snipers he was only visible to one group as he was partly hidden by a tree .we don't know the exact timing of the events eg did the secret service wait to shoot him or did they wait til he started firing his rifle he had time to fit about 8 shots before he was killed by the secret service.

.if I was giving advice to the secret service i.d say it would be easy to have 2 drones. Hovering over the arena in future where the event is held outside in a public place drones with cameras would have seen the shooter as soon as he got on the roof .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,621 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭fuzzy dunlop

There you go again accusing others of the thing you are doing! No every time I post I rationally debunk you beliefs based on reason. The AH comparisons are textbook hysterical and have been for decades

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law

This is the first principle that shows how irrational and unhinged you are. And as the man said himself, "Those making comparisons to the holocaust need to think more about the holocaust",

Apart from that there is direct evidence based phenomena the most glaring of which is that Trump is increasing in popularity amongst protected groups while the Democrats are losing support among those groups.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/09/19/trump-poll-support-black-hispanic/

In a nutshell your AH comparison is not you coming across as ranting and ridiculous. It is ranting and ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Christy42

Godwin himself made an exception for Donald Trump.

His own vice president called him Hitler.

Advertisement