Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assassination attempt on Donald Trump - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,042 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

America is an embarrassment since Trump declared he was running again. Land of the free, yet they are throwing everything at this man to stop him running for President.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

His victim complex will reach new depths now. If only those at the rallies had guns, this could have been avoided…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Maybe Biden ordered that Putin be assinated but said Trump by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,266 ✭✭✭archfi

some US correspondent on LBC saying ‘glass hit him in his ear’ according to sources at event

From teleprompter??

Also person (shooter) shot and killed on ‘roof of shed’

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭OrangeBadger

Good chance it was cops/secret service who hit this person, when listening to the shots there is no delay and the dead shooter was dragged from the stands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Dazler97

2 dead now including the shooter

• Registered Users Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Theres an irony to those who used Conspiracy Theorist as a shorthand for Trump supporters calling this a false flag as soon as it occurs, they have the lingo down and everything.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

Calling it hyperbole doesn't make it false. This is way beyond political trash talk. Look at Trump's affect on the US Supreme Court. Look at the decisions they've already taken. The Trump party has a plan in place to dismantle the administrative state once he's back in office.

This stuff was all fantasy 20 years ago, even 10 years ago because the political landscape made it impossible. That landscape is long gone. America IS teethering on the edge of autocracy and the people are going to vote it into power. Just like they did in the 30's in Germany. There's nothing special about the Yanks. The house of cards is falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭screamer

USA……USA……MAGA

Dont feel one bit sorry for Trump, how deliciously ironic that he who encouraged violence, supports lose gun control is attacked with a gun……, dont wish him harm but as i said 0 sympathy.

Awful seeing those secret service people physically using their bodies as a shield to protect Trump. I just looked at the photis and thought if i was going to die, at least make it something worth dying for, not Trump!

• Advertisement

Lol Elon also ran with a big conspiracy of him and his gay lover, then the body cam is released of a nutjob trying to take his head off with a hammer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I'll only be a dictator when I need to be, the rest of the time I'll be the democratically elected president!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yes but there werent loads of police killed by rioters like that poster was trying to suggest. Most of the deaths were trump supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,312 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Ah you get a grip and annoy someone else !

You didn't read my post properly and then jump on giving out more ..classic

Would you not think maybe you should apologise for taking me up wrong before you start having another rant ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

People at the rally did have guns. It's why the shooter apparently only got three or four shots off before suffering debilitating lead poisoning

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I have been following the story from BBC News for about an hour.

An eyewitness was saying to the Correspondent in Pennsylvania that he heard shots coming from a house that was nearby the rally. Although the eyewitness said that the house was outside the perimeter of the rally itself. I have been wondering for the past while how these gunshots were coming at Trump so quickly. I would imagine that an event like a political rally for his presidential election campaign would have been covered with a heavy security presence to protect Trump and the attendees at the event.

I thought the shooter would have carried a concealed weapon to the event to fire those shots at Trump. Those gunshots could have killed him instantly if didn't suspect them while he was up on the podium. Would you think it would be a good idea to review the security arrangements at these political rallies as U.S. President Joe Biden is looking at carrying similar measures to keep him safe at his own political campaign events as the remainder of his presidential election campaign gets ramped up between now and right up to the election in November.

The Washington Post is just reporting now that 2 people are dead including the shooter.

BBC News has just reported that the scene of the shooting in Pennsylvania is now under lockdown by local police.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

And yet Trump left office Biden took over. If Trump does win again I'm 100 percent certain he will leave office in 4 years. He was in for 4 years before and the sky didn't fall down.

Could be but you would expect the area would be cleared not just random people standing around filming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Are you deluded ? People are dead 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I would say a lot of Republican senators wished the shooter didn’t miss, they could have handpicked a replacement and won

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

https://x.com/SharpFootball/status/1812265909727396107

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭joseywhales

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭thereiver

It sounds like the bullets hit the glass in the platform and glass fragments hit his ear .trump is a very divisive figure I'm surprised he was not behind bulletproof glass

In some states in America it's very easy to buy guns America is full of extremists who are obsessed with guns it's probably very hard at a political rally to check all the crowd for concealed weapons I think from now on Biden and trump will be surrounded by a dozen secret service agents at all public events security will be increased at rallys or any public event

There should be agents watching the crowd for any potential threat at events like these in the future

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Babyreignbow

I still don't see Trump being president I'm calling it now. Don't see Biden running full term either.

If a thousand suns were to rise
    and stand in the noon sky, blazing,
    such brilliance would be like the fierce
    brilliance of that mighty Self.”

• Registered Users Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

We'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DaithiMa

Someone tried to shoot Trump and killed at least one rally attendee and left another in a critical condition. Do you really believe if there was a similar attempt on Biden's life his supporters/party wouldn't try to use it to bash and blame Trump and maximise the political capital of the event? And just for clarity I think Trump is an idiot and in no way support him/like him. This event just shows how messed up the USA is. A basket case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

imagine having to take a bullet for trump. He’d sell pieces of the clothes you were wearing at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Burt Renaults

I hope he has a solid alibi. Because you can be fairly certain that he has no idea where he was when it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,530 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Lets talk facts here, that police officer died of a heart attack. They were not shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭greenfield21

Interview with bbc, pro trumps accounts a while ago where saying shooter was dragged out of venue. Seems they Were on roof.

Advertisement