Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vintage VRT

• 14-07-2024 2:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I’m well experienced in importing cars. I import 50+ per year. But vintage cars I have not much knowledge on.

Does anyone here have a link to any Revenue documents outlining the exact rules around importing vintage cars. I can’t seem to find one anywhere. 

I’m trying to VRT a car that was manufactured in 1994 but was only registered in 1999 and I’m wondering if it will qualify for vintage VRT. I’m happy to do my own research if someone could provide links to documents, but if anyone could answer my question that would be equally helpful.

The V5 logbook and DVLA both state that the car was manufactured in 1994 but wasn’t registered until 1999. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Its full fat VRT unfortunately - age for VRT is calculated off first registration date of the vehicle. Rather ridiciuously, its eligible for vintage status motor tax once registered.

Section 3.4 of VRT manual section 08 for determining age, then vintage cars come under category C - where the age has to be 30 years on presentation for VRT.

Post edited by kdevitt on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭w124man

The full updated version of the VRT manual is on revenue.ie This is from Section 8.3.4

Interesting section on high mileage Cat A cars

Advertisement