Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breakdown Rescue - affects No Claim Bonus?

• 14-07-2024 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have AVIVA comprehensive car insurance. The policy booklet says.

We will pay for the following kinds of breakdown. Mechanical breakdown, fire, theft or attempted theft, malicious damage, punctures that need help to fix or to replace a wheel, lost keys, stolen keys and keys broken in the lock or locked in the car.

I would like to know if using their service for puncture repair on the road side,

1. would it affect my No Claim Bonus?
    2. Also, do I need to pay for the puncture repair costs?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

It doesn’t effect your no claims. No idea about paying for puncture repair but its very cheap anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

1. Breakdown cover has nothing to do with no claims bonus, won't affect it at all. I had to get 3 breakdown recoverys in the same policy year before, had no effect on NCB.

2. Any work carried out by the mechanic that arrived in the tow truck, is typically covered under the breakdown assistance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Kind of pointless having it if it did. Nobody would use it and hence nobody would buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Advertisement