Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange networking error.

• 15-07-2024 2:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭

Anybody any ideas what I may have done wrong here, I'm a bit puzzled.

I have Virgin media internet and it has 2 wifi channels. Channel 1 5Ghz, Channel 2 2.4Ghz. Lets call them blah1 and blah2.

I just connected a

via ethernet cable to a port on the back of the router. I loaded a windscribe VPN profile onto the mango and named it VPNblah3 to give a UK IP address.

So now the laptops in the house are not loading multiple sites on the original networks but weirdly, the phones connected to wifi fine!

I am puzzled. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭yoke

-check if its a DNS problem or not - ping 4.4.4.4 and confirm it works, then try 'nslookup www.google.com'

-check if ipv4 or ipv6 is disabled on laptops - run 'ipconfig /all' if theyre on windows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,153 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Disable mobile data on the phone - does it still work on WiFi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Have you connected your original network to the WAN or LAN port? Depending on what they've got running it could be a dhcp clash if you've connected the LAN port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 878 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Thnks for the pointers. I'm on nights so will try these ideas when I get chance

Advertisement