Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Installer needed for Dublin apartment - single room heat recovery units

• 15-07-2024 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Help/referral needed - I am purchasing single room heat recovery units from Aer Haus in Waterford, for an apartment in Dublin. I am looking for someone who can instal them for me. I understand any electrician theoretically can do this, but I don't have contacts in Dublin and understand the work will include: boring ventilation holes (or increasing size of current holes), electrical installation including chasing walls, running wires up to ventilation hole, installling the units and plastering over chasing.

any recommendations for someone who could take this work on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Out of interest, which single-room heat-recovery unit is it, I can't see one of their website?

It's more-so an AC installer who would have access to the bore-hole tools than an electrician would. Plus, is the apartment at a height? But if it's a stand-alone unit then can it not just use an existing vent in the wall? And do the walls need to be chased or would trunking not do it? Because chasing is going to add quite a cost to the install and you're potentially looking at two trades onsite for the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,157 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

What part of Dublin is it in? I ask because many tradesmen don't cover Dublin 1 & 2, parts of Dublin 8 and parts of the Smithfield area. Reasons are reduced motor traffic lanes, loss of loading bays, lack of parking and the general mayhem caused by the traffic restrictions over the last few years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I once had to replace a floor in an apartment (caused by a leaky shower, ironically enough) and oh my god - it was hell on earth with having to run out every few hours to add credit into the meter, carry equipment in and out as well as not being able to park close to the building… so yeah, I see your point there.

Advertisement