Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

no sky after august?

• 15-07-2024 10:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hi i was talking to my mum last night on the phone, she has an old sky hd plus box with a sub, she tells me there is a message being occasionally displayed onscreen to the effect that the "sky viewing will end in August" and to phone an 0818 number. does anyone know what this is about as i may have to ring on her behalf as she is elderly, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

This msg?

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/sky-channel-upgrade

Important

From 10 June, you'll start to losing access to all Sky channels, with all Sky channels closing for SD boxes on 31 August.

So your mums Sky+HD box should still be OK

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky/Sky-HD-boxes-are-closing-down/td-p/4605881

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

How does this affect Sky services on free sat?

I currently have Sky Mix HD, Sky Arts SD and Sky News SD tuned in on my Astra focused box. Sky News SD has gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,615 ✭✭✭swoofer

Use this 11934 v 27500 QPSK dvb-s for sky news.

Can you say make of the astra focused box?

It's an old Vu+ Duo (not 4k), running an OpenBlackhole image.

It has the DVB-S/S2 tuners.

is it duo 2?

• Advertisement

Nope, the old, first edition Duo.

Running a late OBH image and it works. I put an old laptop HDD into it and it soldiers on.

Got it. Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭54and56

Hi all,

I've a Mut@nt HD 2400 box running an old 5.3.039 version of OpenVix which I flashed years ago and haven't had to go near in a very long time. Like others I'm now getting a "SID not found in PAT" error message when selecting the Sky News channel but it's so long (over 5 years I think) since I did anything with the box I've no idea where to start.

Can I leave the old version of Vix on the box and just do a tuner re-scan or is this going to get a lot more complicated?

Can't believe how well the box has performed in set-it-and-forget-it mode the last few years and also can't believe how completely useless I know feel not having a clue where to start!!

That is a great box and if it aint broke etc, to get sky news do this menu setup tuners & scanning, then signal finder, now arrow down to tuner and change to user defined, use arrow right, now arrow to frequency etc and put in

11934, vertical, 27500 auto fec 5/6 then green to scan and green to save.NB you are going to end up with a long list of channels so scroll until you see sky news, click ok and voila. Its now in last scanned and may not appear in bouquet but there is a move mode, more if you need.

Box is still supported by vix its 6.6 now but I would wait.

Post edited by swoofer on

Top stuff @swoofer I'll give that a crack at the weekend. Have to agree, the biggest compliment I can give the Mutant is that once I figured out how to set it up and had Vix operating and auto updating etc (until it got to 5.4 which can't be auto updated) I literally didn't need to go near it for years. All the family use it and we do series recording onto the 500GB HDD etc without any problems at all. It just works!!

• Advertisement

Hi @swoofer ,

I had a few minutes to have a crack at this and got Sky News back but as you predicted it doesn't show up in my channel list (Bouquet) and although I found the Move menu I can only seem to move it within a list of Sky channels, I'm not being offered (or can't find) how to move it to where it was on the channel list.

It was originally channel 1202 but is now channel 3030.

I'll have a play with the menu's at the weekend and see if I can move it back to being channel 1202 but given I'm the only one who really cares about news in the house I might just leave it as is rather than risk messing everything else up.

I now have Sky News back and for that I thank you!!

What you have to do first is add the channel to the required bouquet. Then when in the bouquet move it to where you have the old channel and then remove the old channel. I was asked a similar Q on Zgemma h7s thread and here is the answer.

To remove an entry select it and arrow up then menu, look for remove entry etc.

" for this "Can I be really lazy and just ask how in the name of God do you retune a channel on this box when it changes frequency? I've been through the menus 50 times and there is nothing, what/s the easiest way?" If using vix image.

1. menu, setup, tuners & scanning, press ok , now arrow down to signal finder, press ok, arrow down to tune, it will say predefined, arrow right it will say user defined, now enter your new details and press green, more than one channel may appear, select the one you want, press ok, it opens , arrow up, then menu, now see 7 add service , select it and then a list of bouquets appear select the one you want and press ok, It will be added to your bouquet but at the end, so now select it in bouquet, press menu and see red button enable move mode, then highlight the channel you want to move and it turns red, now move it to where you want. NB If enable move mode does not appear come back.

2, You can have same channel in loads of bouquets, Its seems tedious but once you learn it its easy peasy.

Thanks @swoofer, appreciate your expertise and assistance. I'll give that a go.

Advertisement