Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scam on Facebook Marketplace

Options
  • 15-07-2024 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi guys

Posting this to ask for your advice. A few days ago I bought a treadmill from a person living in county Tipp. It was advertised as working 100% and in great condition. Via the chat, I have asked the person to confirm that the treadmill works 100% since I have to drive from Limerick to check it. I drove to her place and because the machine was looking ok for the price and working, I bought it.

When I arrived home, I cleaned the treadmill from dust and other dirt and when I oiled the rubber band, I noticed the base was cracked in the middle. I immediately contacted the seller and the only thing I got was an apologise. When I tried to use the treadmill, I also noticed the engine stops working after 10-15 minutes and resumes after a few hours of cooling down. Since the seller blocked me I had to drive another hour to return the bad product. These guys started shouting at me and didn't refund so I left the bad treadmill in front of their house and let without my money.
    Now they are trying to sell it to make even more money for the same bad treadmill.

I have reported the user on marketplace and adverts but this doesn't stop them to create a new account and sell it again. Not sure if Garda can do anything against this situation.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Zip to do with Gardai, its a civil matter and because its a private sale you basically have no consumer rights.

You shouldn't have left the treadmill with them without getting your money back

Advertisement