Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

License renewal problem

• 15-07-2024 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9

hi all

I went into my local Ndls centre to renew my licence, only to be told I couldn't as it has been exchanged for a new Zealand one in 2018 as I haven't been to new Zealand and I had my licence in my hand I was very confused, rang both the ndls and the RSA and they dont know what happened but aren't sorting it out either ,justkeep telling me to ring back another day ,has this happened to anyone on here or has anyone any idea how to fix this ??

Answers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

It sounds like the details of your licence have been taken somewhere, probably a forgery made, and used in a scam in New Zealand.

Now, that is a total guess on my part, but I think you'll need to start by reporting this to the Gardai, and get in touch with the licensing authorities in New Zealand.

https://www.nzta.govt.nz/driver-licences/

NDLS here should be able to give you details of the licence exchange, and when it happened. Tell them you will be reporting this matter to the Gardaí.

(eta) in fairness, I think they should follow up on your behalf, and making a report of a licence fraud to the Gardai might make them take this seriously.

Advertisement