Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I need Planning for 2 new piers?

Options
  • 15-07-2024 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I'm hoping someone on here can help me out with this. I've seen some older forums but have not got a definite answer.

Bought the house a few years ago that was left derelict for a number of years. There was an old wooden fence that ran along the front of the house beside the footpath. The fence was badly rotten and was blown over in some of the strong winds we've had.

Would like to build 2 concrete piers for new gates at some stage in the future.

Is planning permission needed to build 2 new piers? We won't need to drop any kerbs or make any other alterations. Just want to build 2 piers.

Thanks to anyone who can help. Local Authority is Longford.

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 46,067 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I assume the entrance is already there. Providing they don't exceed 1.20 metres in height or block a current vision line then it should be ok.

Advertisement