Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fell of scooter and landed on belly.

• 15-07-2024 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

First off, i'm not looking for medical advice. I'm just looking for general information as to what could be going on.

Last Winter I slipped on ice on my scooter at 25km/h and landed on my belly. I hit the ground so hard I literally had tunnel vision even though I didn't bang my head. It has left a big dent in the left side of my abdominal area. I did sit ups regularly hoping it would tighten up my muscles and pull them back into shape. it's painless now although it hurts more if i'm struck in that area. I googled hernias and they look more like a bulging thing. I do have a general bulge when I lay flat and sit up but it's more misshapen than bulging. Any ideas what I could be facing? I haven't seen a GP about it due to alot of personal stuff that's been far more pressing. It seems like the subcutaneous tissues and muscles have been pushed out of their natural position.

Any general help would be much appreciated.

Post edited by Gremlinertia on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,603 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Go to a doctor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

If I was seeing you in person I would order some X rays or a CT scan to find out what's going on. You or us can't see what's going on in your body.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Sponge25

Thank you, I know that's the obvious thing to do and I have an apt but in the meantime I've been googling it etc. and was seeing if I could get any better info here. afatbolix, is it likely that only surgery will fix the issue from the very limited information you have?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

What you're asking for is medical advice, you've tried to phrase it in the round but it's still medical advice. Go to a doctor or A&E. Your already over half a year behind in treatment, don't f*** around here looking for anecdotes to advise you considering you haven't or cannot give the info needed to give an educated guess.

Thanks, I have a GP apt tommorow. To me, medical advice would be something I was going to carry out thus creating a possible liability issue. I was just looking for generalised information as to what possibly could be going on. You can lock the thread if you like…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

It's interesting the way you word your question to me as I have no idea, I'm a person sat on the internet.

If I told you to stand on one leg for 5 minutes and that would solve it would you believe me?

Don't listen to anyone other than a doctor your meeting in person as medicine is about diagnosis and then treating the problem. Not about guessing with strangers on the internet.

For all you know they might say your fine, You need a bit of physio or something like that.

I wouldn't be worried about going to get it checked out. Doctors want to help its why they got into it and your not a burden on the system. Irish men particularly don't like to get things checked out when they should.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

This thread is medical advice seeking and so is going to be closed

Grem

Ofcourse not, nor would I expect a diagnoses from an Internet forum. I was just looking for suggestions as to what it could possibly be so I could do more research. Any way, I have a GP apt tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement