Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Campervan Failed CVRT for over weight

• 16-07-2024 7:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

any on any advice I imported a camper from UK and one fail was overweight by 285kgs.

The UK log book and engine plate state 2900kgs ( gross weight) but CVRT weight came in at 3185kg.

Ihad water tank empty and 1/4 fuel . I can loose some with by taking out gas cylinder and even spare wheel but can't see how to get 286kgs.

Peugeot boxer Swift Kon Tiki 2004. 2.2 diesel

Any advice

Martin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 1635barry

You could get it uplated to 3.5 ton.

This is a crowd in the UK but im sure there is a few places over here

https://www.svtech.co.uk/our-services/uprating/

• Registered Users Posts: 3 K1200

Cheers for that . so I'm guessing they get the van info and can send a cert without looking at camper? and the CVRT centre will accept that or do I have to go to VRT to update records?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

If you have the UK reg you can look up its history on the MOT site see if there is any reference to it's weight. Then get it weighed here yourself. But based on this you have a problem

https://www.swiftgroup.co.uk/media/1nzahup1/2015-kon-tiki-motorhome-tech-book.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Was it a custom conversion or a proper campervan when it came out of the factory?

If the latter the log book should reflect that

A concern is what weight limit have you on your insurance and what evidence did you provide for it.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 K1200

the camper is out of the factory . The UK logbook states only 2900kgs not sure about the insurance they didn't have any weight questions other than a question about was it a conversation or factory. and it is a Swift factory campervan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Thanks, then get onto Swift, IF it goes over 3.5 you need a PSV licence

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

2900KG sounds more like the unladen weight (and optimistic at that) than the GVW on a coach built camper.

Not sure if it's still the case but there used to be a lower speed limit for campers with an unladen weight over 3000kg in the UK so it would be relevant to have it recorded and visible.

Can you take a picture of the chassis plate which should have Swift as the manufacturer, not Peugeot?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

A Public Service Vehicle licence is required for operating a taxi, hackney or bus for hire.

If the GVW (gross vehicle weight) of a vehicle is over 3,500kg but not exceeding 7,500kg it's a Category C1 Driving Licence you need.

As said, are you not sure that CVRT crowd have it wrong and is looking at the unladen weight (mass in running order) figure of 2,900 kg? campers of the early 2000's generally have a GVW of 3,500kg or more

Advertisement