Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Sunday lunch "near" Dublin airport, maybe somewhere scenic?

Options
  • 16-07-2024 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,111 ✭✭✭✭

Had it in my head that my American family were flying at 3 on Sunday so was just going to do a big breakfast but now I've found out they're going at 5. So coffee and pastries in the morning and then somewhere for lunch. Have done gourmet food parlour in Swords (parking nightmare), the Schoolhouse in Swords (disappointed in food) and gourmet food parlour in malahide (so noisy) before. Malahide would be good as plenty of places to walk/pass time. Don't want to completely waste the day for them when they could be seeing stuff.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

We did something similar a few years ago. Went to a pub in Portmarnock, called O'Dwyers. Nice carvery. And lovely beach very close by.

Not from area. May be better options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Coachmens is right beside the airport as is well regarded for its carvery.

https://thecoachmansinn.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,324 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Botanic Gardens - should be absolutely gorgeous at this time of year (it's fabulous any time of year!).

Perfectly nice restaurant there, you won't get a Michelin-starred meal, but the star of the show is the gardens.

If it's looking like a nice day, you won't do better.

Glasnevin cemetery right next door (through a gap in the wall), and the round tower has been reopened to the public in the last few days according to bits I've seen on social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Homer

man o war is a historic country pub about 10 odd minutes from the airport and is lovely

Manowar.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Malahide village.

• Advertisement
Advertisement