Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scirocco - Flywheel gone

• 16-07-2024 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Have a 2009 VW Scirocco 2.0L Petrol Turbo engine. Great car and great fun. Very few Kms but began making a knocking noise this week and local garage says the flywheel needs replacing costing few grand which is likely not economical given age of the car. Whats the best way to deal with this? Should I put it up on done deal looking for a mechanic who might buy it from me to do it himself and look to make a bit of money back off it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Clutches are a consumables just change it, if it's a great car why give up on it if it suits your needs.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,241 ✭✭✭User1998

A few grand for a flywheel??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 920 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

I would have though less than a grand would do it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I'd say under €1500. Give these guys a call.

https://gearboxexpert.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭hhmmm?

Just looked up the price of a flywheel for one of these. They are just under €800+ vat (genuine). You didn't mention if it's a DSG or manual because that will affect the labour. Most places will also price you for a new clutch too as while you're in there it makes economical sense to replace. There are solid flywheel kits available for a fraction of the cost that would also include a clutch, just need to get someone to fit it. Call murfit auto parts with your reg and they'll advise you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭smndly

great I’ll have to take a look around. Thanks for the suggestions. Just looked there and he did price in a clutch too so probably what’s bringing up the cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Let me know if you are interested in selling it as is.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

give the lads in Daltons in laois a shout and see what they quote you for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭smndly

Thanks for the advice. I've ended up listing it on donedeal as is as my other half is pregnant and I think the flywheel going is the nudge I need to buy a more child friendly car!

Advertisement