Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs that charted higher in Ireland than in the UK

Options
  • 16-07-2024 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭

Let's keep it interesting and exclude the obvious ones - "Maniac 2000", "Aon Focail Eile" etc...

This topped the chart here but only got to #2 in the UK, being held off the top spot by "Relax" - yep, Frankie beats Freddie...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Chris Rea - I can hear your heartbeat ,#60 in the UK ,#14 in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭its_steve116

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭gabria

Some songs that got good radio play here and I assumed this was because they had a decent run in the UK charts

Stand by REM #17 Ireland, #48 UK

Walking in Memphis by Marc Cohn #7 Ireland, #22 UK (and that only after re-release it charted at #66 before!)

Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams #18 Ireland, #42 UK

I would say the same about that Chris Rea song, I assumed it was part of his late 80s UK purple patch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Wrapped Arpund Your Finger by The Police: 7 in the UK, Number 1 in Ireland

All I Ask of you by Cliff Richard and Sarah Brightman: 3 in the UK, Number 1 in Ireland

Rockin' All Over the World by Status Quo: 3 in the UK, Number 1 in Ireland

Rollin' Home by Status Quo: 9 in the UK, Number 1 in Ireland

In the Army Now by Status Quo: 2 in the UK, Number 1 in Ireland

Against All Odds (Take a Look at Me Now) by Phil Collins: 2 in the UK, Number 1 in Ireland

Don't Let Him Steal Your Heart Away by Phil Collins: 45 in the UK, 18 in Ireland

Take a Look by Level 42: 32 in the UK, 13 in Ireland

Advertisement